First Time Kegging Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Druish_00

Reaction score
I have a delicious breakfast stout ready to be bottled/kegged in another week. I have yet to buy the keg system (tank, manifold, etc...) and was wondering if i put the beer in a corny keg for the time being, if there was some device that would allow me to drink the beer without having the whole system. I seem to remember seeing something small enough to be hand held that you can use to "charge" the keg (if I remember correctly)

This is one of my first real good brews that Im actually very proud so i feel its time to start kegging but dont have the extra cash for the keg system and fridge and all the bells and whistles right now. HELP!

that handheld charger is to push the beer through to drink, not to carbonate. you can prime it naturally then use the handheld thing to drink. you'd have to wait a couple of weeks though

The small chargers are fine for dispensing, but it takes 4-5 12 gm carts to carbonate. You can keg with priming sugar and give it a small shot of CO2 to be certain the lid is sealed. Once you get the full setup, the charger is useful for picnics and parties.

Back