Sunday Morning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm working this morning. Smelling the eggs, bacon, hash browns & toast from the diner across the street. I'll have to make do with a poptart & a cuppa.
After work it'll be laundry, lunch & a nap.
Regards, GF.

Just fired up the grill. Going to smoke some spare ribs while I clean up the clutter that has accumulated in the "man/beer room in the basement". Course, some beer tasting will occur at some point. :tank:

I've had coffee and breakfast, now I'm going to finally keg my oatmeal stout, clean my pickup and go rock hunting. Then I think I'll grill some steaks for dinner.

I was gunna bottle my robust porter,but still gotta clean the bottling bucket,etc. And cook dinner from leftover turkey & such. My son just showed me a pick of Paul Walker's corpse after a wreck where hid buddy was driving his Porche GT like last night. Both were killed. His face was split in two. Think I'm gunna be sick trying to cook after seeing that. I posted a thread about it.
Some Sunday morning,huh?!:(

Church then brewing some American pale ale...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Cleaned up my ferment chamber and got it ready for its first beer.

Back is finally feeling better and I think Saturday might actually be warm enough to consider mashing in the garage, a steaming 40F is forecast.

Woke up and played some Guild Wars 2 with my oldest and my buddy who lives about a half hour away. Then the kids and I put together a puzzle that I found in the closet from a few years ago. Then I drove up to see my buddy and drop off some excess food from our Holiday parties, and came back to help the kids put together another puzzle.

And during all that snacking on the holiday leftovers. It was kind of a lazy day.

Right now it's CBS Sunday Morning, a cup of tea & a poptart. Later, I'll be making Thai dragon soup & enjoying it with some homemade gravlax on rye crackers & a bottle (or 2) of my Munich graff.
Regards, GF.

Woke up at 6am hungry and with my back killing me. So I finished last night's pizza and slept on the sofa for two hours.

Now I'm making coffee and as soon as it kicks in ill be running the snowblower.

The snow's about melted here,with that warm front behind the polar vortex as they called it since passed over us. Been drinking beer every evening for a week now. buzz not as intence,feeling lethargic. Gunna clear up for a couple days. At least my car is running again. No more squeels,but it seems the thermistat is stuck half open...

Making little rocks all day....................I am a flintknapper..........what can I say ,,,,,,, making little rocks out of big rocks all day.......... Whack Whack Whack Whack

Never seen them done like that. A couple times a year I make a Cinnabon clone. Delicious but not a low cal/cholesterol version.

Enjoying a hot cup of mint tea, waiting for CBS Sunday Morning & sunrise. Going down to the river when the sun comes up, hopefully to shoot some good photos. Later I'll be trying to plan this year's garden; after that it'll be lunch & a nap.
Regards, GF.

On the coach with my coffee. Two yelling kids running everywhere. Think I'll have 3 eggs over easy, english muffins and more coffee.

I'm easy like Sunday morning.

Yup, couch and coffee.... I have 6lbs of pork belly curing its way to bacony goodness. The last belly is waiting on cure #2 to arrive so it can be transformed into pancetta.

Good late morning fine folks of HBT. Here in the western fingerlakes region of New York State, it is 3* below 0, the sun is shining, the chickens have been fed and watered, breakfast dishes are done and the wife and I are off to the grocery store. I hope to get one of my ciders bottled this afternoon, but I may decide to hunt some rabbits instead!

I hope everyone has a wonderful sunday!

Shot a little with a rented 100-400 zoom yesterday. Thinking of calling a couple park rangers to see if they have a spot for eagle shots as I have lens until Friday.

I am almost finished with the bulk of helping my 8 year old clean her room. 3 bags of trash and 3 bags of toys to donate so far. Still have two toy chests to go through, but at least I can walk around her bed now. The toy chests will probably wait until next weekend.

And I washed the load of laundry that was hidden under her bed.

Then, when ever the guy shows up , I'm selling two couches so I can get back into my ferm chamber. Then I'm pulling samples to see if I need to do a diacetyl rest or if I can rack and lager.

I picked up the bellies for $2.70/lb. that's a lot cheaper than buying the finished product.
Def will be cheaper. I was just sitting here wondering how they roll it when curing? I was also thinking of using the pit bbq to turn a corned beef brisket into pastrami!
Some of us don't have the patience though.

Uh,dude? You brew beer & claim you don't have the patience?! I think it's in you to try!:mug:

Def will be cheaper. I was just sitting here wondering how they roll it when curing? I was also thinking of using the pit bbq to turn a corned beef brisket into pastrami!

you roll and tie after the initial cure.

Oh go for the pastrami... it is SO GOOD.

I saw a guy do it with cracked black pepper corns on the outside of the brisket for smoking in the pit. Dang,that looked good. Will remember to roll after cure. Well made pancetta is good,even raw after curing. But fried up a little on a hot sub...:ban:

Oh you mean like this....

Pastrami...

pastrami.jpg

Yeppers! I don't know yet if I'll use the white ash or pin oak from the trees in the yard? White ash gives a light side of medium smoke,whereas the pin oak is a bit spicier.

Yeppers! I don't know yet if I'll use the white ash or pin oak from the trees in the yard? White ash gives a light side of medium smoke,whereas the pin oak is a bit spicier.

it's all good. Hmmmm making me think i need to brine cure some brisket. Damn sales meeting next week is getting in the way of all my evil foodie plans!

Good morning Monday! Off today and getting ready to brew. I was given 7lbs of wheat LME. Hmmm, what to make? Typically, I am an ale guy. I am not kegging yet. What would you make if this were you?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Home Brew mobile app

Back