Using a carboy on my first batch...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARV9673

Reaction score
OK, so I am going to try using the glass carboy for a secondary fermnt, but I only have a plastic piece of tubing. I can get the batch into the carboy, but not out. Am I missing a piece? I don't have anything that resembles what I would call a "wand." Is a visit to the local HB Store in my near future?

A racking cane is not strictly nessecary for siphoning. However, a racking cane makes it easier to control how much trub is taken from the primary.

Personally, if you're going to buy a racking cane, spend a few dollars more and get an autosiphon. They are really a great way to go.

kornkob said:
A racking cane is not strictly nessecary for siphoning. However, a racking cane makes it easier to control how much trub is taken from the primary.

Personally, if you're going to buy a racking cane, spend a few dollars more and get an autosiphon. They are really a great way to go.
Thanks! I'll look into that.:tank:

Back