What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Birthday Coldcrash. 42 ain't so bad. You can sit on a rocking chair and yell at the kids on the lawn. And all the other fun old people stuff.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408902716.652741.jpg

Anybody have good experiences with frozen concentrate wines? Thinking of throwing one together since the pipeline's looking a bit thin.

Everything I have to say here is a violation of rule 16.

Having a hopkilla.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

That's the no hooch rule. I have tasted my "wine" made from concentrate when making starters. It's pretty nasty stuff when young.

That's the no hooch rule. I have tasted my "wine" made from concentrate when making starters. It's pretty nasty stuff when young.

No hooch here. Talking about making wine from frozen fruit juice concentrate, not freeze-concentrating anything.

I get what you are doing. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408904608.998395.jpg
I am working on some cheap wine today as well. Initial results are making me wish I fermented tang.

Water between hopkilla's.

That's just cruel.

Iced coff here.

Anybody have good experiences with frozen concentrate wines? Thinking of throwing one together since the pipeline's looking a bit thin.

Yeah... I think I need a chiropractic adjustment and a massage after that night. Breakfast was pretty tasty though.

How is that - always interested in table beers.

Sweetwater 420... just after bottling my blonde ale!

Good beer on a hot day.

I feel lazy - 2-3 hours of sleep, and now drinking Austin Beer Works Black IPA instead of cleaning kegs or bottling. Don't judge.

Attachments

• 1408905726449.1.jpg
    1408905726449.1.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 58
No hooch here. Talking about making wine from frozen fruit juice concentrate, not freeze-concentrating anything.

I've had great success with them overall. My favorite one so far is the one listed by a user named "Arpolis" somewhere in the wine thread. I'll link to it if I find it. It's a white grape peach. The regular red (grape) also works well if you follow the same recipe.

I've had great success with them overall. My favorite one so far is the one listed by a user named "Arpolis" somewhere in the wine thread. I'll link to it if I find it. It's a white grape peach. The regular red (grape) also works well if you follow the same recipe.

See if this link works. His recipe is post #13 in this thread.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=421943

Yeah... I think I need a chiropractic adjustment and a massage after that night. Breakfast was pretty tasty though.

How is that - always interested in table beers.

Good beer on a hot day.

I feel lazy - 2-3 hours of sleep, and now drinking Austin Beer Works Black IPA instead of cleaning kegs or bottling. Don't judge.

It's decent. It's categorized as a Belgian pale but tastes more like a blonde.

Spent almost 200$ in beer this weekend. If you follow me on untappd you'll know. If not well it was great stuff

I have already dropped $400 and I still have hours left!

Having friends on vacation in Seattle and Denver is great for the cellar, not so good for the bank account. :mug:

Fins: how do you like the Sophie? I have a 2012 that I've been sitting on for a while. Says it has live yeast and develops in the bottle for 5 years.

Its good. That was the last of a four pack i got back in february. Its nothing crazy good or something id seek out, but certainly something to keep around. I could already notice some good change since the first one i had so I'm sure that 2012 will be great whenever you decide to drink it.

I have already dropped $400 and I still have hours left!

Having friends on vacation in Seattle and Denver is great for the cellar, not so good for the bank account. :mug:

I can relate to that. Work last weekend gave me an eight hour break in the brewery district in Indy. I spent more than I made that day and didn't even get to have samples while I was there.

Healthy pour of Tiger Uppercut. The first glass went down way too quick.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408907920.645604.jpg

Drinkin Cigar City Tocobaga after kegging my pale ale. Can't wait until next week when the Garnet and Gold beers will be primed for college football!

1408910803117.jpg

Me, too.

The Funkmeister - my Oaked Brett Saison. Tastes better than both of those girls at once.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408912313.352141.jpg

I've had this once before, but I like it a lot better this time around. I think I'm going to take a cue from Qhrumphf and try to brew a clone. Any words of advice, Qhrumphf?

Well, it's ~95% Maris Otter, ~5% Crystal Malt, all Challenger hops, about 38 IBUs, and about 10-11 SRM, per the brewery.

Here's the most current version I brewed:

6 lbs 12.0 oz Pale Malt, Maris Otter (Thomas Fawcett) (3.0 SRM) Grain 5 93.1 %
8.0 oz Crystal Dark - 77L (Crisp) (75.0 SRM) Grain 6 6.9 %
0.50 oz Challenger [8.90 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 7 19.5 IBUs
1.00 oz Challenger [8.90 %] - Boil 15.0 min Hop 8 19.4 IBUs
1.00 oz Challenger [8.90 %] - Boil 0.0 min Hop 9 0.0 IBUs
1.0 pkg Burton Ale (White Labs #WLP023) [35.49 ml] Yeast 10 -

Gravity, Alcohol Content and Color

Est Original Gravity: 1.044 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.011 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 4.2 %
Bitterness: 38.9 IBUs
Est Color: 8.0 SRM

I usually get a slightly darker color that BeerSmith predicts, and the color is about right (at least as seen in a hydrometer sample), as is the bitterness. The malt character is a little muted, but that may be a factor of age (with a little light oxidation in the bottles I get). The late hop character is also a little strong, but the character is about right, so that may also be a factor of age. I'll know more once I get it out of primary and packaged and aged a little bit. It's in the ballpark, but I wouldn't call it cloned. Next time around I'm going to use a little lighter of a Crystal and use a little more of it, and tone back the later hops.

I tried both the WLP023 Burton Ale (may be their fermentation strain according to internet rumors) and culturing from the bottle. The WLP023 seems closer, so they may be bottling with a different strain than they brew with.

Meanwhile, another round of BJCP studying w/ Weihenstephaner Oktoberfestbier. Seems if you use the 2014 guidelines this is a good example of Festbier, but per the 2008 guidelines it's very out of style as Märzen/Oktoberfest.

20140824_162414[1].jpg

Well, it's ~95% Maris Otter, ~5% Crystal Malt, all Challenger hops, about 38 IBUs, and about 10-11 SRM, per the brewery.

Here's the most current version I brewed:

6 lbs 12.0 oz Pale Malt, Maris Otter (Thomas Fawcett) (3.0 SRM) Grain 5 93.1 %
8.0 oz Crystal Dark - 77L (Crisp) (75.0 SRM) Grain 6 6.9 %
0.50 oz Challenger [8.90 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 7 19.5 IBUs
1.00 oz Challenger [8.90 %] - Boil 15.0 min Hop 8 19.4 IBUs
1.00 oz Challenger [8.90 %] - Boil 0.0 min Hop 9 0.0 IBUs
1.0 pkg Burton Ale (White Labs #WLP023) [35.49 ml] Yeast 10 -

Gravity, Alcohol Content and Color

Est Original Gravity: 1.044 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.011 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 4.2 %
Bitterness: 38.9 IBUs
Est Color: 8.0 SRM

I usually get a slightly darker color that BeerSmith predicts, and the color is about right (at least as seen in a hydrometer sample), as is the bitterness. The malt character is a little muted, but that may be a factor of age (with a little light oxidation in the bottles I get). The late hop character is also a little strong, but the character is about right, so that may also be a factor of age. I'll know more once I get it out of primary and packaged and aged a little bit. It's in the ballpark, but I wouldn't call it cloned. Next time around I'm going to use a little lighter of a Crystal and use a little more of it, and tone back the later hops.

I tried both the WLP023 Burton Ale (may be their fermentation strain according to internet rumors) and culturing from the bottle. The WLP023 seems closer, so they may be bottling with a different strain than they brew with.

Meanwhile, another round of BJCP studying w/ Weihenstephaner Oktoberfestbier. Seems if you use the 2014 guidelines this is a good example of Festbier, but per the 2008 guidelines it's very out of style as Märzen/Oktoberfest.

Noice.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov8FMirB12I[/ame]

Spent almost 200$ in beer this weekend. If you follow me on untappd you'll know. If not well it was great stuff
What's your untappd name?
My brett pale ale. Dont have many of these left.
View attachment 219755

I'd love to try one if you're able to set one aside.

Water. Went for a motorcycle ride and still feel cruddy. Just needed to be out.
I know, I'm whiny.

I think I'll clean a keg and rack my bier de garde over.

Back