Reconditioned circuit breaker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could swear that I looked on eBay and didn't see one. Thanks.
I have a Bruheat that I bought a while ago, and it's already wired. Would I use both the GFCI breaker and the cord? Or is that overkill?

I installed a 30 amp normal breaker and a 4 prong dryer outlet, then I use the cord to provide the GFI protection, I don't use both. The cord was cheaper than the GFI breaker and I can take the cord with me if I ever move.

That's what I figured.
Thanks again for the quick response.

I did not look at the links. But I will say that you don't want 2 GFI's on the same circuit. They don't work well together. I'm sure someone here with more electrical knowledge will chime in.

Can somebody help me figure out how to wire this?
I have a white wire coming out of the breaker - unlabelled.
I have two load power terminals and one load neutral terminal.
The breaker I removed only had two terminals. I don't have it with me right now so I'm not sure how it's labelled.

Thanks,
Eric

Looking again there's a sticker that says 'White Wire Line Neutral'

Can somebody help me figure out how to wire this?
I have a white wire coming out of the breaker - unlabelled.
I have two load power terminals and one load neutral terminal.
The breaker I removed only had two terminals. I don't have it with me right now so I'm not sure how it's labelled.

Thanks,
Eric

The white wire coming out of the breaker needs to be put on your neutral bar inside your electrical panel. The breaker is designed to be used with "3 wire"...(meaning 2 hots, and a neutral...the ground is there but is not counted in the terminology). The two hots go under the 'power terminals' and the neutral from the wire you ran into the panel goes under the load neutral terminal and the ground goes to the ground bar. (Unless your coming out of a subpanel then the ground and the neutral from the breaker will go to the same bar...)

Thanks.
I decided I wasn't qualified to do this and hired an electrician to do it.

Back