MoreBeer.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I'm spoiled by having a B3 less than 5 miles from me (and it is between me and work) so stopping on my way home is a no brainer. Plus I can usually order online (for sales) and have them pull it for me at the local store until I get there in the afternoon.

I work down the street from this one and go there AT LEAST once a week to spend money. They are a great store and the staff is awesome. Pretty much the only place I've bought equipment/ingredients from.

My only complaint is that it seems like the sit on super saver shipping orders for a week before shipping. Anyone else have that experience?

Other than that, they are great. First rate service and products!

joeg13 said:
My only complaint is that it seems like the sit on super saver shipping orders for a week before shipping. Anyone else have that experience?

Haven't had that experience here. My average has been four business days from ordering to delivery to PA.

Yeah, sometimes it seems like deal of the day + supper shipping takes a while before it gets shipped.

from what I can tell the super saver pakages go out on thursdays if I order by monday. since I live 80 miles from the concord store i get my shipment on friday in time to brew over the weekend.

joeg13 said:

They told me that free shipping takes two to four days to leave their facility. It is almost always two days (plus another two days to get to Washington). That works for me. I could pay for [standard] shipping on other sites and it probably wouldn't arrive any quicker.

That is the experience I've always had. I plan on 10 days before I'll get my order. They say something like it can take 2-4 days to ship the super saver orders but I have never, not once, in over 20 orders spanning several years, had an order ship sooner than 4 business days from time of order. So, If I order on a Wednesday (which doesn't count as a day or else they are always shipping my stuff 5 days after) My order will most likely ship on Tuesday of the next week.

Once I stopped ordering with the hope of using the stuff later that week and planned on it taking 10 days I have been very, very happy with them.

I love how they package everything. Best packaging in the industry, by far.

That is the experience I've always had. I plan on 10 days before I'll get my order. They say something like it can take 2-4 days to ship the super saver orders but I have never, not once, in over 20 orders spanning several years, had an order ship sooner than 4 business days from time of order. So, If I order on a Wednesday (which doesn't count as a day or else they are always shipping my stuff 5 days after) My order will most likely ship on Tuesday of the next week.

Once I stopped ordering with the hope of using the stuff later that week and planned on it taking 10 days I have been very, very happy with them.

I love how they package everything. Best packaging in the industry, by far.

I checked their website and they set the 2-4 business days expectation correctly. You get what you pay for. I guess Amazon just has me spoiled. I like you have just started planning ahead and if I need something ASAP, I either pay for shipping or shop somewhere else. Either way, I give them a thumbs up.

Another rad thing about MoreBeer when purchasing from an actual store (I make it to the Los Altos store a couple times per year) is they'll give you a club discount, even if you're not in a local club, just show your membership card and get 15% off!

And their RV at the prime location of right by the entrance to the SCHBF was a watering hole for any old homebrewer stumbling back to their campsite after the festival was over!

I had a poor experience with them my first order......it took almost 3 weeks to receive. After some emails back and forth, they made it right. Now they are my go-to place.

This place was jammed today. 15% off everything. Took a good 45 minutes to get through line.

Really thrilled that they opened up a PA warehouse to help with the shipping. They've gotten about $8.7K from me in 4 years (Sculpture and Conical being the major costs). When I have e-mailed them with a question they almost always get back within 10 minutes. Great selections. Only thing I wish I could do is fractional orders on grains (Hoping somebody proves me wrong and tells me it can be done).

Put in an order around noon today; decided about 45 minutes later to add something so I called and they said they had it packed already. Couldn't add it to the order so they made it a new order & covered shipping. Pretty decent customer service!

Hey BoomerHarley,

Very sorry for the poor experience(s) you've had with our products. The manifolds are something that we're currently working with our supplier on getting fixed. Some of them have faulty check valves, some require extra teflon tape, and others have a relief spring that doesn't sit quite right. What I've done with mine (also a little leaky prior to fixing) was put it in a bucket of water with it turned up to 20psi. Was able to find the leaky thread, added more teflon, and that took care of the issue for me. This being said - we don't expect our customers to have to do this: We'll gladly replace the defective product for you and would even be happy to fill a bucket of water and test it prior to sending you home with what could be another defective product.

The bottles are strange, as I have a few cases that I've never had an issue with. I have heard of problems with them, but it's usually 1, maybe two of the 12 bottles have a leak. Never the entire case. This being said, it sounds like you do have a faulty case (or possible more than one case) that we'd be happy to return for you. If you'd prefer to swap them out for other bottles, or would just like a refund, please don't hesitate to bring them back and we'll look up your account and refund you for 100% of the cost of the bottles. Manifold too if you'd like to return it rather than exchange it.

I again am very sorry for the issues you've had with a couple of our products, but would like you to know that we pride ourselves with quality customer service. Even if you'd still prefer to shop elsewhere, I'd encourage you to return those products so that we can make this right for you. I know there's no way to replace the flat beer that you've spent hours brewing, and months upon months to condition, but if you'd like I would even be happy to help you get the proper ingredients to brew that batch again. I don't work in the Concord Showroom, but am located in the Concord location and am more than personally assist you with anything you need.

Please feel free to PM me if you'd like, and I'll try to help however possible. Thank you for the feedback, and again, very sorry for these inconveniences.

Sincerely,
Matt Monroe

MoreBeer just keeps getting better and better on their turn around times. I place an $96.00 order with them (grains, yeast, bottle caps, etc.) on Thursday of last week and got the complete order delivered on Saturday afternoon. That's with FREE shipping on orders over $59 dollars. Except for a couple of items that MoreBeer just doesn't carry, I use them for the bulk of my supplies. DISCLAIMER: I have no ownership or employment relations with MoreBeer. :)

Is it possible to have a recipe that I found online built or do I need to buy all the grains to the closest pound?

Ok, this time yesterday I had written a pretty scathing review of Morebeer. So bad in fact, that I removed it as I felt kind of crappy for what i said. You see, I had just shoved a screwdriver between my fingernail and cuticle in a rushed attempt to remove some hoseclamps and I was a little pissed off.

Anyways, I went in to Morebeer yesterday to return my CO2 manifold. Turns out they had a meeting to discuss my comment, as well as the products I was complaining about. When I walked in, the manager David and Kyle were extremely helpful, asking me about the problem, explaining that they didn't handle the customer service end correctly and how to make it better. They went above and beyond to accommodate me and make me feel better about my purchase and problem. And then they kept right on going. By the end, I felt that I had just robbed the place.

I won't go into details about what all they threw at me because someone would probably get fired. But let me just state that I have never had a company go as far as they did to retain my business. I went home feeling kind of guilty and extremely happy with the guys at morebeer. Not only did they hook me up, but they actually were interested in improving their product. This, more than anything, impressed me.

Thanks again guys. You rock. Next time I'm in there, I'm bringing some homebrew.

Is it possible to have a recipe that I found online built or do I need to buy all the grains to the closest pound?

Unfortunately you'll have to order to the closest pound for grains and malt extract. Same thing with hops: We're unable to size up or down from any of the current sizes you see online. Sorry for any inconvenience that may cause, but thank you for the thought and feedback! Time to go talk to the team... :mug:

BoomerHarley - Thank you for coming back down to our showroom and for letting us help you with the problematic products. Very sorry about the screwdriver in the finger (I think everytime I do that, the screwdriver / hammer / bottle opener ends up on the floor 10 feet from where I'm standing!). We will be putting our upcoming shipment through a quality control check prior to the product being put on the shelves, and have already contacted our supplier regarding the issues you were experiencing.

If there's anything we can do for you moving forward, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers!

PS - For anybody that's interested, our article regarding the east coast warehouse is up!

http://morebeer.com/articles/morebeer_open_in_the_east_coast

MoreBeer.com made an error on my first order and they're making up for it in spades.

Opened the box from MoreBeer this weekend hoping to find the weldless keg conversion kit. Instead I found a weldless thermometer kit.

Emailed morebeer.com, got an automated reply saying they'd respond to my inquiry as soon as customer service reopened.

They did.

Opened my email this morning, and there was a reply.

The order is being corrected and they said to keep the thermometer.

Thanks guys.

I WAS going to just use my old ghetto thermometer with my new keggle set up, but not now. I'm going first class. :)

You've got my business.

Good customer service.

Ken

The east coast warehouse is the Best. Thing. Ever.

My last order from B3 was at least 3 years ago. I'm in NJ and it just seemed silly to order from a place literally across the country when I could get my order so much sooner from a shop on my side of the country.

I saw recently that they opened the PA warehouse and figured I'd give it a shot again, since I was in a hurry to use a yeast starter that I revived before checking what ingredients I had on hand.

There was a very minor hiccup in the shipping address (their system seems to cache some things yet discard others immediately) but a phone call quickly solved that. I ordered on Wednesday morning (EST) and the box was on my doorstep by noon Thursday. I did choose to pay for the shipping so I could skip ahead of the "free shipping queue", but I only paid for standard ground.

I used to order from them all the time almost exclusively. Recently they dropped the kits for $25 dollar category and raised the prices and changed the name to kits with yeast. Now i go to order the other day and the new category they had created is not even there anymore. A kit i used to get all the time for $22.50 that included us -05 dry yeast now cost $24.99 and includes no yeast. That works out roughly to be about $6 a kit increase when you add the cost of the yeast to the new kit price. I used to be able to choose from the 10 kits they carried in that section and try many new different beers because the cost was affordable. I always was telling any brewer i was around to try them instead of the lhbs which is 1.5 hours away. Sorry but if you can't tell i am very upset at the changes. I have to wonder if opening the east coast warehouse had anything to do with all the new changes. The shipping got really fast / but now my prices have gone way up. BRING BACK THE VALUE KIT OPTIONS PLEASE! Drop the whir floc or drop the priming sugar from the kit if that helps to lower the cost back down to the previous level. I already have 20 packs of priming sugar stacked on my brew shelf.

Ordered the Pliny kit once (extract), turned out phenomenal. Can't comment on past prices but the kit I got seemed reasonable at the time. Shipping was fast too, I think I got the kit in like 2 days.

The east coast warehouse is the Best. Thing. Ever.

My last order from B3 was at least 3 years ago. I'm in NJ and it just seemed silly to order from a place literally across the country when I could get my order so much sooner from a shop on my side of the country.

I saw recently that they opened the PA warehouse and figured I'd give it a shot again, since I was in a hurry to use a yeast starter that I revived before checking what ingredients I had on hand.

There was a very minor hiccup in the shipping address (their system seems to cache some things yet discard others immediately) but a phone call quickly solved that. I ordered on Wednesday morning (EST) and the box was on my doorstep by noon Thursday. I did choose to pay for the shipping so I could skip ahead of the "free shipping queue", but I only paid for standard ground.

East Coast warehouse?? NICE!

I will still probably drive to my brew shops, even though they are farther away. I rarely buy online for some reason, even when it costs less to have it shipped than it does to drive there.

But, if I am going to buy online, I'll be sure to check them out. I've hesitated on buying from Morebeer simply because they were so far away.

It's either my lhbs or morebeer.com for me I refuse to use any other online warehouse (except for hops and usually those sites only sell hops)! And yes the east coast warehouse is awesome, :mug: to the guys at morebeer.

Please add grain bills!
Overall I'm very happy with Morebeer but I really wish that they would have a grain bill option. Unless I'm missing something?

I have been dealing with MoreBeer for several years and continue to be extremely pleased with their commitment to customer service. Their most recent opportunity to provide excellent service involved a Ranco temperature controller that went south after just 7 month's service. I contacted them by email. Their response was prompt and I received a return shipping label the same day. They also shipped the replacement immediately without waiting for receipt of the defective unit before shipping the replacement.

These people continue to meet or exceed my expectations and I certainly would recommend them as an excellent and reliable supplier.

Received my first order from MoreBeer yesterday and am pleased with it. My only real complaint is something they can't control. I ordered from MoreBeer since I had the free yeast coupon from the AHA conference. Hey, free yeast is free yeast; and I needed some other stuff. Even with the cold pack, the vial of yeast was warm when I got it. But, it was shipped from PA to TX in the summer, and I didn't pay for overnight shipping. So, certainly not their fault.

Overall, the prices are good and the website is easy to use. The free shipping is nice as well. I will certainly use them again.

Morebeer is the only online site I use and have had nothing but great experiences with. I live in PA so shipping is super fast and you can't beat the free shipping on orders over $60. I love that they have a daily deal everyday and they offer some pretty good stuff for that too. The other day they had a complete three tier brewing system for $700 off! I've order numerous items from them and the only problem I have ever had was an ice pack tore open during transit and made a slight mess in the box and I had a small dent in a plastic carboy I ordered. (Both Most likely from shipping not morebeers fault) Still they gave me a coupon for $20s off my next purchase and offered to replace the carboy and the yeast if it failed to ferment.

Still they gave me a coupon for $20s off my next purchase and offered to replace the carboy and the yeast if it failed to ferment.

Your experience re; yeast is similar to a recent experience I had with them:

My daughter lives near their Riverside, CA store. Since she was coming to visit us I placed a will-call order for a 55# sack of grain + a vial of yeast. They forgot to put the yeast in her car so she showed up here without it. I called about the missing yeast and the store manager took personal responsibility for the mistake and promptly shipped two vials of yeast (overnight from the Concord store) to make good on it. How do you beat that?

Cheers! :mug:

Started an account with Morebeer and put 1st order in.
It shipped the following day and no shipping charge. !
Only 2 business days enroute from PA to ME.

Yeah. Shipping from their warehouse in PA has been really fast to me in northern OH. I order by like 3PM & it's here bright & early the next morning. No place else is that fast.

I drive out to the morebeer showroom floor about 10 miles from me in riverside, CA... amazing experience every time. seriously. always GREAT deals, great people, and really fresh ingredients on hand. not to mention a 50# sack of 2row is only $30 out the door!

Morebeer has a great selection. Anything I order from the CA warehouse comes shopped very well packaged. I live in TN however so most of my stuff comes from the PA warehouse. I won't go into details with the stuff I've received from the PA warehouse, but let's just say that, before my complaint to customer service and speaking with Dave W, their packaging team up there is FAR less than satisfactory. With that being said, their customer service is 2nd to none. Top notch all the way. I gave them one last chance to redeem themselves, and they did. Dave explained to me the reason the warehouse was having issues and he did what he could to make things right. Again, best customer service I have ever had to deal with. They truly care about their customers.

I deal personally with the More beer Riverside and every time I go in they are extremely helpful. Always answer any questions and give recommendations to what to do.:)

I've ordered from them 3 or 4 times, always a good experience. Never had to deal with customer service, as my orders were spot-on. I like that they rarely run out of stock of things. Good inventory control.

The only weird thing (and this is picking a nit), but I recently put 7 or 8 small items in the shopping cart, mostly chemicals and additives and a ss fitting. The checkout stated that it would ship in 2 separate orders, roughly half the items from CA and the rest from PA, with shipping charges for each. This, despite the fact that every item was shown as being in-stock in CA. Maybe certain items can't ship together (chemicals?). Easy solution, as I added a book to the order which bumped it up to free shipping. They still will come from 2 places, but free shipping for both. Can't complain.

Made my first morebeer purchase on Sunday. Everything came yesterday, as ordered. Pretty happy to see they're decently quick and accurate. Been using northern brewer exclusively since I started brewing, but looked elsewhere due to their sketchy business practices. Very satisfied with morebeer and hope to brew many more batches with their ingredients and hopefully their keg equipment, soon.

I continue to have poor luck with their shipping. Ordered on the 4th, ended up cancelling my order on the 11th because it hadn't been picked yet and I needed the stuff, so I stopped by my LHBS and got what I needed.

I hear great stories about people ordering with moresaver shipping and getting their stuff 3-4 days later so I let myself hope that was the new standard. But it turned out it was the same old 10 business days from date of order for me that I've come to expect from them.

Not really a slam on them. I like a lot of things about them. I just only order when I've got $60 worth of stuff that I don't need anytime soon.

Back