a big thank you to the forum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmorris1

Reaction score
So I tasted my first home batch tonight. I've done a brew on premise batch from a lhbs, and it was an amazing belgian tripel, but I wanted to try smaller for my first homebrew. I brewed exactly one month ago, left it in the primary for two weeks, bottle conditioned for two weeks and counting...

It was a brown ale style that ended up with such amazing caramel and chocolate overtones... and this was just the first bottle after two weeks aging... I can't wait to see it after two months.... gotta get more than apfelwein in the pipeline.....Incredible to think that me and some yeast actually created this....

Anyway this is a long winded thank you to the board for another amazing first batch. I had every newbie issue, supposed stuck fermentation (airlock), when is it done (airlock vs hydrometer)( how to prime/bottle, how long to condition, etc)

THANK EVERYONE out there for the knowledge and experience they've shared. I can't wait for next batch (either a strong IPA or barleywine, which is my favorite style)....

I second that emotion! Thanks to all the brew vets out there, my Pale Ale is a success.:mug:

Back