Today's Argument With Bob

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Me: I always "take care" of you and your needs. I even help you out when you're sick, and if you ever get REALLY sick you know I'd be there for you. I even wash your hair for you when we go camping! (We're going to a friend's "camp" this weekend- nice beds, but no running water).

Bob: Yes, I know. You're great.

Me: But I worry. You don't seem to have that caretaking gene in you.

Bob: I'd help you. But that's why I'm trying to keep you healthy by providing healthy foods- so this isn't an issue. You'll be healthy and active for 30 more years, at least!

Me: Oh. So you just hope and pray I don't fall and break both my arms so you don't have to wipe my butt.

Bob: Well, yes. But in all fairness, I'm 9 years older than you. If anybody as a spouse is deserving to have their butt wiped by their spouse, it's going to be me.

:drunk:

I'm only a year older than my wife and I have the same perrogative. I often tell her I hope I end up with dementia before her. We all joke, but when it comes down to it, most of us will take care of ours.
My neighbor and his wife were 80. She had dementia, and he was with her every waking hour. He was a very nice man, but not what you would consider a caretaker. It is amazing what a person will do for someone they love. It is kinda sad that the healthy spouse usually dies first because of it.

That's it. I'm never getting old!

facebeer.jpg

I'm counting on my spouse to put on my socks for me when I get old ;)

Meh, I rarely wear socks now anyway.

I'm way more worried about who will brew the beer when we get old! My daughter has NO interest in anything brew related, and my son is a hard liquor sort.

I'm trying to talk my grandson into learning the craft, but right now he's a very slow learner. All he's babbled out is "Moo-ma" (grandma), "bier" (yes, in German as his English sucks- as seen in the aforementioned 'moo-ma'), and "cheers!" He totally ignores my instructions on beginning mashing and water chemistry and basic fermentation.

You know why men usually die first?

It's the only way we can get away!

I'm trying to talk my grandson into learning the craft, but right now he's a very slow learner. All he's babbled out is "Moo-ma" (grandma), "bier" (yes, in German as his English sucks- as seen in the aforementioned 'moo-ma'), and "cheers!" He totally ignores my instructions on beginning mashing and water chemistry and basic fermentation.

Perhaps you could play 'Basic Brewing' podcasts in his room while he sleeps . . .

He can walk now. It's time to learn to BREW!

***Off Topic Alert***

My 20 month old daughter knows how to say "beer" and goes to the fridge door when I ask for one (she can't open the door on her own yet). When I am transferring from the storage closet to the fridge she will help by grabbing the bottles and carrying them for me. I was completely shocked when she managed to grab a 1L swingtop bottle and carry it one handed to me!!! I teared up at that moment, I have never been prouder of my daughter. :D

She does have a habbit of taking the bombers and clinking them together though, so I try to limit her to one at a time.

***End Off Topic***

***Off Topic Alert***

My 20 month old daughter knows how to say "beer" and goes to the fridge door when I ask for one (she can't open the door on her own yet). When I am transferring from the storage closet to the fridge she will help by grabbing the bottles and carrying them for me. I was completely shocked when she managed to grab a 1L swingtop bottle and carry it one handed to me!!! I teared up at that moment, I have never been prouder of my daughter. :D

She does have a habbit of taking the bombers and clinking them together though, so I try to limit her to one at a time.

***End Off Topic***

Hahaha! Today is Wednesday, which is Quinnday for me. I have him every Wednesday.

Today we went out to the cottage and he helped bait my deer blind by toddling over and eating the apples I dropped. Then we checked the trail camera. He's so cool- he doesn't talk much (he's 14 months) so he says "ooooooooh!" at every picture and there were 70 of them! Then he saw the dorm fridge kegerator and tried to pour me a beer. He loves that nice low tap handle- I have to do something about that eventually.

He's sleeping on the couch now, but he'll be up soon. And before anybody asks- YES, I do wipe his butt!!!!! :D

Back