You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The football game I'm watching on TV gets to the end and a couple players dump a big orange cooler full of Gatorade on the coach. My 6-year old sits up and says, "Papa! What are those guys doing? They just dumped their whole bucket of beer on that guy!"

It took a few seconds before I made the connection that I use a similar cooler as a mash tun.

Speaking of football... When you see this player and your first thought is "Edwort?"

That's a pic of the team my Gamecocks just defeated to salvage their season, finishing one game above .500. God, please let next year be better for the Head Ball Coach! Lol

When you're mortified to be seen even looking at Bud Light, let alone purchasing it, even though you're only buying it in order to test dry hops.

The football game I'm watching on TV gets to the end and a couple players dump a big orange cooler full of Gatorade on the coach. My 6-year old sits up and says, "Papa! What are those guys doing? They just dumped their whole bucket of beer on that guy!"

It took a few seconds before I made the connection that I use a similar cooler as a mash tun.

LOL! Thanks :)

I'll tell ya Billy, I'd be a supporter if you'd just cup your hand upward like your massagin' a bag of goods when you describe the flavors. Until then your a hack.

yeah, a life hack! yolo!

edit: I'll work on the sack cupping gestures. and I need to use "juicy" quite a bit more.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to get some empty wine bottles and set them up just out of focus so you can pretend you cellar (besides the bud light).

Ya know what, let me produce, you star...we could be famous.

when your cooking dinner and look down and yell.. Hell ya hot break baby and your swmbo looks at you like your and idiot and you say... What you never herd me yell that in the shed before....:beer:

lol

You drink a sixxer of beer on a 'school' night just to save the dregs for a starter so you can brew the following weekend.

Your night time ritual is to read HBT before bed every night or you can't sleep

What's even better is the next night when you're reading your posts from the night before that don't remember writing because you were so hammed on homebrew!

When you spend $100 of Christmas cash on bottles to cellar*. Only to have immediate buyers remorse because you could have bought 100lbs of base malt.

*spent 3-5 days in the cellar

When your standard measurement for beer becomes gallons.

When you avoid your friends/family altogether to protect your home brews (pipeline isn't established).

When the first thought when you exist your bedroom is "That smells way too strong for a starter." Then find yourself cleaning up an overflow before you even get your first cup of coffee.

When you sign a contract to sell your house and lament that your pipeline will run dry before you move. And you only have 3 weeks before you move which is not enough time to get another batch in. 😢

When you sign a contract to sell your house and lament that your pipeline will run dry before you move. And you only have 3 weeks before you move which is not enough time to get another batch in. 😢

Try being in between batches for 8 months.
Knowing I needed to move and prepping the house - 3 months
House up for sale till closing on the deal - 2 months
Living with GF until we close on our new home. - 3 months
Having time after getting the new home in order - guessing 2 months

When I'm digging through our computers to find that one that has an extra case fan we don't really need because I've got it in my head to make my own stirplate.

Dang!!! On the plus side, the #1 house in the list has no garage or shed, so it looks like I will get to build a brew shed!!!!!

...when you shower with your fermentor.

With my last couple batches, after I bottled I'd rinse my bucket out with warm water real quick, then put a half scoop of Oxyclean in it. Rather than stand by the sink with the little sprayer thing for what feels like FOREVER, knowing that I've got other stuff clean/organize, I've been putting the bucket under my shower head, then coming back in 10-15 minutes to turn the water off when the bucket is filled to the brim. Then, let it sit full in the shower overnight for a good soak.

The next morning when I get in to take a shower, I dump out most of the Oxyclean water and then scrub the krausen ring by hand. Dump the rest, rinse a few times, then set the bucket out of the shower and then take a normal shower.
:mug:

SWMBO is confused by my time-saving logic, but I'm pretty happy saving a little time and not having to carry 55lb of water around the house.

I've been there. That's pretty close to how my timeline went. The only difference is that it was a little more than 2 months after moving in the start back up. It was closer to 5 months between house projects, getting the things for outdoor brewing, and the cold weather.

Best of luck with everything! The new house is well worth the pain of having to take almost a year off of brewing.

Back