I'm Utah for the summer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandyeggoxj

Reaction score
I'm working in Utah for the summer again. I am down in the far southeast corner. Colorado is 25 miles and az is about 90.

I plan to check out the lhbs selection this weekend in slc. Although local might be the wrong word... closer than morebeer! :drunk:

Just wanted to say hi and see if there were any other homebrewers within ~100 miles for a brew day!

I'm not close, but welcome. We were just in Grand Junction, CO a couple weeks ago. There's a LHBS there that should be a lot closer to you than SLC. If you make the trip, be sure to check out Crossroads liquor store in GJ. Awesome selection of craft beer.

Durango might be a little closer if there is still an open store there.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

If you do end up coming to Salt Lake for supplies then you should try Salt City Brew Supply. The guys that run it are knowledgeable, easy going, and eager to help. A lot of people like The Beer Nut but I often feel like I am an inconvenience to the employees whenever I have gone there. I am glad I found Salt City instead.

Went to Salt City and bought around 50# of specialty grains and a pile of yeast. Good prices on yeast. Grain was a bit high but oh well. Friendly and knowledgeable staff that didn't treat me poorly or like a moron. In fact it was almost like they were brewers too! :D

thanks for the suggestions guys.

If you are still in the city head over to one of Epic's bottle shops and pick up a Utah Sage Saison (or 3 or 4). This may just be my favorite beer at the moment. I'm dying to find/work up a clone recipe. And enjoy your time down south. I love it down there.

Was just up for the holiday weekend. Next time... epic produces some great beers. I love buying their stuff down in az at the grocery store where full strength is okay.

epic produces some great beers. I love buying their stuff down in az at the grocery store where full strength is okay.

Oh man, you had to rub it in, didn't you? :( It is exciting to see them expanding into Denver but a little worrying at the same time. I'm afraid they might say £v¢|{ it and abandon slc permanently for someplace a little more, uhm, sane. ;) :beer:

Lol. It is one of the few things that just make no sense to me. I get that sin taxes generate a lot income for the state but craft beer should be on grocery shelves along with steak and ribs. Oh well. It might change over time. I can still find good beer to drink, it just takes a bit more work.

At least this isn't Alabama and their ridiculous beer laws!!

Back