Brewing in Northern NJ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSBrewer

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been perusing and posting on the site for a few weeks now but I figured I should do a proper intro.

I am pretty new to the home brewing world...just bottled my third batch a week ago. My best friend from college started brewing the year after I graduated and so this past summer I figured I'd give it a whirl...it began as a casual hobby but I've become slightly obsessed. First batch was a summer ale that was pretty damn good for the first go at it - I set my expectations high for a relatively complex pumpkin ale recipe this fall which fell short of my expectations after lucking out with #1 and so I've really started reading up to improve my techniques.

Batch #3 - an Alaskan Amber Ale appears to be the best I've done thus far (I tend to sample a bit at each step to get a feel for how the flavor is/changes at each stage in the game).

I have a sick bar (was existing when I bought my new casa in August) that I will be adding a tap to over the next few weeks/months so I can start to keg (since - as it appears with most people on the forums - bottling is my FAVORITE part of the process)

Look forward to getting some help from the pros and passing on my (limited) knowledge when I can.

-Bob

Thanks!

Netflyer - I got the Alaskan Amber Ale kit for xmas from my dad - I'm pretty sure he got it from Brewer's Best (http://www.brewersbestkits.com/) though looking now I don't see the kit online.

If you want the recipe I don't mind PMing it to you - just let me know - but like I said - great tasting batch! Can't wait another week to crack the bottles!

nice another Jersey. seems to be alot of us around as of late.

:mug:

Back