DFH 60 min. clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GalenSevinne

Reaction score
santa brought me an $80 gift certificate for xmas and I think I want to try a 60 minute IPA. with the g.c. santa also brought me the Extreme Brewing book with the 60 minute recipe in it. I am assuming that Sam Calagione approves of that particular recipe. I am thinking I will take it into my LBHS and have them set me up. I have only done four brews so far and use extract.

Anyone have any other suggestions about recipes? Anyone have any experience doing the recipe in the book exactly as described?

Thanks.

santa brought me an $80 gift certificate for xmas and I think I want to try a 60 minute IPA. with the g.c. santa also brought me the Extreme Brewing book with the 60 minute recipe in it. I am assuming that Sam Calagione approves of that particular recipe. I am thinking I will take it into my LBHS and have them set me up. I have only done four brews so far and use extract.

Anyone have any other suggestions about recipes? Anyone have any experience doing the recipe in the book exactly as described?

Thanks.

I've made three batches of Yooper's recipe. It is good. I haven't seen Sam's book, but I'd bet it turns out good too.

That's funny. I too got a gift card from Christmas, have the Extreme Brewing book, and am now making the 60 minute clone. :mug:

I'm following the recipe exactly except for using the British amber malt. MoreBeer doesn't carry it but someone told me in another thread that I could substitute it with Briess Victory. If your LHBS doesn't have it either, that may be a good way to go. I'm going to harvest the Ringwood yeast from the beer I've got fermenting now and will make a starter from that.

Let me know how yours goes and I'll do the same.

Back