Lazy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Incidentally. Has anyone else tried mini keys? Look to me to be a cost effective solution? Even better for real ale I'm thinking.

I use Tap-a-Keg... two of their 1.6 gallon bottles collects most of the batch... the other 80 or so ounces I bottle. It was easy, inexpensive, and easy (did I say that already?) The tap system has changed recently, they use a single 16gram cylinder (mine has 2 8's)... but the system works great.

Don't over carb (I think someone mentioned what happens). I believe it's 1/3 cup of primer for the 5 gallon batch. Works great.

Spam takes a long time to age out in the bottle

They couldn't even start their own thread, now thats LAZY.

It's hard for me to believe I'm the only one that feels this way

I'm with you as far as the big beers go. Tripels and Wee Heavy, Olde Ales and such I'm sure I'll always bottle simply because I don't drink through the batch that fast. I'll only have one or two of those a week. Mostly because they wreck me. I'm a light weight.

Small beers of the house ale type I'd really rather keg since when I have a night when I'm going to sit and sip a few I'd rather pull a draft and eliminate all the bottle management.

That of course is coming from a guy still trying to convince SWMBO that a kezzer is manditory equipment.

ive been too lazy to even keg this weekend,,, corny is filled with starsan and havent gotten the energy to sanitize the auto siphon to transfer

Laziness is the only reason that my beers sit in primary for more than a couple weeks. I justify it in my mind saying that it will only get better but really I am just lazy. Finding the time to f up the kitchen and make the noise etc. really only happens on one or two nights a week. If I miss the window it's another week in primary..

Looking at a couple cases of homebrew all bottled up after a sesh is quite nice though..

Solution to everyone's bottling problems... Invite a few friends over, put on some music, crack a few beers, and turn it into an activity. On Friday i had 5 helpers and bottled a batch real quick. I didnt cap a single bottle and the only work i did was fill up about 12 bottles. My buddies seem to enjoy it and they are always happy to help with the prospect of free beer every time they come over. We are usually upset when the whole process is over.

I enjoy bottling, it's just another step of the process to me. However I quit bottling because nobody even offered to pay for bottles and bottle return rate was about 50%.

Now I keg and if someone wants some of my brew, they have to come with a bottle or growler or other adequate vessel.

But, I still try to bottle a case for each batch to bring along when I'm going somewhere where I can bring the bottle back with me.

I've bought about 10? cases of 22oz bottles and I have a little over 5 left. I've asked for them back every time, don't know where they go..

Got pretty tired of Fing around with de-labeling and collecting bottles.

Cleaning out carboys is not all that fun either. Need to win the lottery, buy a shed full of them and just throw them away each time.

I have 15 gallons of beer that should be bottled and 5 gallons of graff that has been sitting around for almost two months. I should try and bottle that graff and at least one of the beers tomorrow.

I hate bottling.

I use to look forward to bottling day, but not as much now, although it's not too bad. I keg most of my beers, but do bottle the more potent ones. In line with some other comments, I do delay it much more than in the past and that usually means at least 3-4 weeks in the primary, sometime as much as 2 months which is good for the strong IIPA's.

.<br />
<br />
This is the most talked about photography technique, and once the mystery is taken away, you will find that it is also one of the simplest ways to separate good shots from breath-taking ones. The initial concept is simple. Imagine you have drawn a tic-tac-toe board in the frame. Therefore, you have two lines running vertically and two lines running horizontally, intersecting at four points. Your initial urge is probably to center an image-and this sometimes proves to be the best option-but the four points of intersection are what professional photographers refer to as "sweet spots

Get out of here spammmmmmmmmm!!!!

Yeah, what clann said...

Wow its funny that so many people hate bottling I have been kegging for a couple of years and started bottling big beers about a year ago and......I love bottling to the point that I have considered doing away with kegging and going back to bottles exclusively and I'm not joking I think bottling is fun.

I have never minded bottling, and even though I've read up on kegging have not the slightest inclination to move in that direction. Bottling suits my habit of having a large number of beers around, I have the space necessary (in a nice cool basement) to store both the beer, and space elsewhere to store the empty bottles.

I should also mention that Revvy's thread "Bottling Tips for the Homebrewer" was invaluable in helping me refine my process.

I started kegging after my second batch. It was too much a pain to fill all those bottles

I pretty much knew from the start I would not bottle. Thats why I got the kegging system before I started brewing. If I want some to go to a friends I just fill a jug until foam comes out and put the top on. If I take some on long road trips then I fill a tap a draft or bring the whole keg. I have a 5lb. bottle of co2 for the travels and a 25lb. for the kegerator. I get the kegs from a guy local to me for $15 if I buy them one at a time. 4 or more he gives them to me for $12 and all kinds of extra fittings and seals. I have enough kegs now that I will never have to buy more.

I get the kegs from a guy local to me for $15 if I buy them one at a time. 4 or more he gives them to me for $12 and all kinds of extra fittings and seals. I have enough kegs now that I will never have to buy more.

Wow. Does he ship? Or do you buy and ship? You could make a bunch of friends offering them up on here for close to that plus shipping.

They are pin lock soda kegs. I would be more then happy to ship and help a fellow homebrewer. No mark up just the extra$ for shipping. He should be getting more in soon. I will stop after work tomorrow and talk to him and find out when more will be available if your interested.

I like bottling, I just hate: stripping/sanitizing bottles, cleaning my bottling bucket, waiting for priming sugar to cool, dripping beer all over the floor from my autosiphon, and cleaning up the counters afterwards. I have 3 fermenters full right now, but they are luckily all beers that like to age. I usually wait until I have at least 10 gallons to even bother bottling.

ForumRunner_20111106_100858.jpg

They are pin lock soda kegs. I would be more then happy to ship and help a fellow homebrewer. No mark up just the extra$ for shipping. He should be getting more in soon. I will stop after work tomorrow and talk to him and find out when more will be available if your interested.

Well, I will measure and weight my 4 when I get around to it and estimate shipping and see if it would be worth it to me. I have no idea what shipping would cost.

Thanks!!!

Latest posts

Back