Orange lager?????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sambino85

Reaction score
Using a beer buddy lager kit I've made my first home brew. I let it mash for 4 days it stopped bubbling a few days ago. Gettin 1004/1002 on on my hydrometer. I bottled last night n it's orange is that normal ?????

Hmmm. Not a whole lot of info here. I'll take a stab. You let it ferment for 4 days, right, not 'mash'? What temperature? Is it at a lager temperature (50ish)? Original gravity? Lagers can be pale/orange. If you bottled after four days of fermenting, you may have fermented way too high, especially for a lager.

Using a beer buddy lager kit I've made my first home brew. I let it mash for 4 days it stopped bubbling a few days ago. Gettin 1004/1002 on on my hydrometer. I bottled last night n it's orange is that normal ?????

Nothing you said sounds normal. Can you run us through your whole process?

It came as a kit I warmed the "syrup" which I'm amsumin is lager flavouring , 1kg of sugar to 3.5 ltrs of boilin water then added cold water till the total was 5 gallon. Mixed n left till it was about 20degrees added yeast n left in warm room for four days, after the second day it had stopped bubbling, I tested with a hydrometer n my readin was about 1004 which was fine (according to instructions). I bottled it usin a syphon into new clean beer bottles, I used cooper carbonation sugars. My problem is it looks to orange ( like liquid ump a lumpa) is that right ??

The color will not be so orange once the yeast fall out. A lager is usually fermented in the 10.5c range for a few weeks. Even at the temp you where at you should have waited a minimum of two weeks before you bottled it up.

Back