Hey from No. Illinois

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hop Hack

Reaction score
Been hangin' around and soakin' up as much info as possible. So many questions are asked, I don't even have to post mine. lol You folks are very impressive as to how civil you are. Which is so cool. I belong to a music forum that is very civil as well and enjoy it very much.

Anyway, as far as beer goes....I started with Mr. Beer and decided that was nothing more than making alcoholic Campbells' soup. So after a few of those I jumped to AG and it is a blast.

I Have a long way to go but it sure is fun.
Not sure how many questions I will have, but I may get a gallery going and show my hop trellis and some brewing fun.

Ed

Well welcome aboard!! Yeah, you're right - it's a very nice and mellow crowd here. Seems to be lacking the 12-15 year olds that have nothing better to do with their time except see if they can irritate someone. (I'm sure the beer drinking helps, though).

Have you checked out the different groups here? There's one for Chicago ("Chicago Land Brewers") - I stumbled upon it accidentally...

Welcome to the site from another relative noobie! Our brewing skills seem to have evolved on similar paths, I became tired of the Brewer's Best extract kits after my third batch, and decided to switch to AG earlier this year. It's been a challenge, but definitely worth it. Keep having a great time and let's see that hop trellis!

Thanks WheeledGoat! I'm going to have to check out the Chicagoland group as well.

Patrick

Thanks everyone,
Birch, I just posted a pic of my trellis soon after completion in my gallery. It has even grown on SWMBO. I added the hanging baskets and she liked it more. I love it. Brewed some beer out there this summer and hope to get a few more done before snow. I will try to post some more as it looked later in the summer. And yes David, I do need to do a lager or two after I acquire a few more pieces of equipment.

Latest posts

Back