BG14 Burner Mounting in a Brutus 10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disney7

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a really elegant mounting solution for the BG 14 banjo burners?

I'm building a Brutus 10 for a buddy of mine. I've already built myself a modified two-tier version and I mounted the two burners in different ways because one of the burners had to be installed at an odd angle.

I'm not really pleased with either mounting method that I used. They work fine, but the one that uses four pieces of 1" square tube was a pain to fit because the BG14 burners are not really very precisely made. The 1.5" angle version is bulky.

If you've seen any pics of a simple and functional mounting method, please post up pics.

Thanks

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

I think the most common way to hang BG14s is to include slots or holes in the burner windscreens that line up with the tapped mounting lugs located around the perimeter of the burners. I've also seen folks weld in some strap hangars and use those in lieu of windscreens.

By the way, what is going on in this picture? I'm seeing some curious welds on the frame tubing...
85361d1353788602-bg14-burner-mounting-brutus-10-photo-2.jpg

Cheers!

I used and liked the install on my rig of the heat shield found at brewershardware.com
The burner mounts to it and the heat shield to the stand.

day_trippr said:
By the way, what is going on in this picture? I'm seeing some curious welds on the frame tubing...

Cheers!

I had to mount that one at an odd angle as compared to the bg14 mount points. So, I built a square frame from angle iron and mounted the burner in it, then positioned the burner and frame where I needed it (rotated a bit) and welded it in place. Then took a zawzall and cut off any portions that protected outside the Brutus frame.

These are the 10" burners, yes? If so here's how I mounted mine:

ForumRunner_20121125_071534.jpg

You can buy those heat shields from brewershardware.com.

They have a nice venting gap in the back so that combusted gasses don't choke your flame. You'll also keep more heat where you want it (under the kettle) with a heat shield.

Back