1.016 for 3 days

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Righlander

Reaction score
So I made this Brewer's Best German Oktoberfest kit. SG was right on for what the recipe called for (1.055) but it's read 1.016 for three days in a row. suggested FG is 1.012-1.015 it's been in the fermenter 9 days. You think it's done? or should i leave it in there 14 days then just bottle. or do you think I've got all I'm going to get out of it?

If you're really wanting to bottle the beer it looks like you can do it safely.

I'd leave it for another 14 days and bottle myself...if it's done, then let the yeast clean up after themselves, it will make for a nice clean and clear beer.

You mean bottle after it has been in there for 14 days? or bottle 14 days from today?

If I know Revvy - and I don't - he means to leave it and bottle it in another 14 days. He's a big proponent of long periods in a fermenter. Am I right, Revvy? Of course I am. :)

Yeah, that's cool. I usually just bottle it or put it in the secondary when it's officially done fermenting. I'm really just trying to get an opinion on weather It's done or not.

I leave ALL my beers 3-4 weeks in primary, it improves the clarity and crispness (according to my Scores in contests on appearance)..SO I meant another 14 days minimum, then bottle...

So do you think a month in the fermenter will change anything but appearance?

Latest posts

Back