Cherry Chocolate Milk Expresso Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know I have a lot of questions. I will ask them in different threads. What I would like someone to help me with first is by explaining how I can customize my brews by adding such flavors as chocolate, cherry, blueberry, coffee, cinnoman, bourbon, etc. I understand there are both fruit purees and extracts, but I don't know how to add them. I have also read that I can brew some coffee or expresso and add the brew to my boil pot. What are the best ways to make a very chocolatey beer? I typically like higher gravity jet black in color beers.

If I buy an Imperial Stout kit and add additional chocolate malts to the boil pot will this increase the ABV of the final product and add chocolate flavor? If I add a chocolate bar and brewed coffee to the boil pot and add 4oz of cherry extract to the secondary or cherry fruit puree, will this make a cherry chocolate coffee stout? If I add milk to the boil, does this create a milk stout?

I know I am without much of a clue, but from one beer advocate to another, any help that this community may give will be appreciated.

Fruits, Coffee and things of that nature can be added to secondary. Spices like cinnamon, etc...can be added to the end of the boil.

The only caution that I would give you in regards to adding chocolate to the boil is the amount of fat. Fat in the beer will have a negative effect on head retention. I've used Cocoa Nibs in the secondary before. I've also used chocolate extract before at bottle/kegging time.

As for the "Milk" in the title of your post, you can use Lactose to get more mouth feel/sweetness, as lactose isn't a fermentable sugar.

Cheers :mug:

Latest posts

Back