First brew workin !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratfink559

Reaction score
Did first brew late last nite bottles in two weeks fermenting now what are things I should watch for betweeen now and then have it in carboy in house blanket draped over it ?

sounds like you're on the right track. two weeks in primary is a good idea, many new brewers follow the instructions with the kits and rush their brew. two weeks is the bare minimum that i primary my ales. just make sure you keep the temps in the yeasts recommended range.

congrats on getting started and welcome to HBT. :mug:

Put the carboy where its cool, around say 62F, because as it ferments the brew inside will get warmer and actually go up in temp. as much as 5-10*. As long as its not in the sunlight it does not need to be covered. If by chance its colder than say 58F, give it the blanket. The yeast you used is the determining factor in how warm or cool to keep the carboy. There should be a temp. range listed on the packet, go by that and keep to the low range. Most new people want to rush the brew; and alot of us recommend wait 3 weeks to bottle. I lean more towards 4 weeks. The hydrometer is the only true way to know when its done, so you can spend the next couple weeks reading here on HBT forums. Use the search at the top of the page and find most anything you can think of. Enjoy and welcome to HBT.

Latest posts

Back