Citrus Pale Ale help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nike_Eayrs

Reaction score
I putting an order together and am kind of playing around with a recipe. I'm shooting for a citrus-pale ale. I've never used nelson sauvin or pacific jade hops. Is there enough, or do I need more? I don't have beer smith, which I am sure would help. Thanks in advance for your help. Cheers!

10lbs Briess 2-row
1/2lb crystal 20L

1oz Magnum (60min)
1oz simcoe (30min)
0.5oz nelson sauvin (15min)
0.5oz pacific jade (15min)
0.5oz cascade (15min)

0.5oz nelson sauvin (dry hop)
0.5oz pacific jade(dry hop)
0.5oz cascade (dry hop)

Well for a start you'd be better moving 15min additions to end of boil so you don't lose as many aromatics

Secondly, nelson sauvin is pretty potent and tends to overwhelm other hops so keep that in mind.

Well for a start you'd be better moving 15min additions to end of boil so you don't lose as many aromatics

Secondly, nelson sauvin is pretty potent and tends to overwhelm other hops so keep that in mind.

Okay, i'll move them later (probably 5min). Secondly, do you think I need to increase the others, or decrease the nelson? I've never used NS, but I know New Belgium uses it in their Dig seasonal brew which is one of my favorites!

Latest posts

Back