Regulator "Y - Splitter" Hook Up Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armen_Tamzarian

Reaction score
Just bought a regulator and everything else needed for my first set up. I'm trying to run two cornys at once and bought a Y-Splitterand extra CO2 on/off valve.

I'm just wondering if the "CO2 out" attached to the regulator (The on/off valve with white tape where it screws into the regulator) can be unscrewed out and then the Y-Splitter be put back in.

Thanks!

It really seems like I should just be able to unscrew the airlock and put in the Y-splitter but it won't budge at all...is there some release or something simple I'm overlooking? Thanks!

It really seems like I should just be able to unscrew the airlock and put in the Y-splitter but it won't budge at all...is there some release or something simple I'm overlooking? Thanks!

I'm not sure where you talking about. You want the WYE (Y) after the regulator. Just below it is fine. Then the tubing can go onto the WYE fitting.

I guess I'm trying to figure out if the "gas out" that came with the regulator is supposed to come out and then I screw in the WYE where the original "gas out" was that came with the regulator. Then having two split from that WYE. Hope that could clear up my question some. Thanks!

Essentially, does the regulator disassemble or is it set as it is when I got it...wow I'm making this confusing...my apologies for any confusion

Here is a picture of a splitter off a secondary regulator.

2010-11-24_14-39-54_924.jpg

Yes, the gas fitting will come out of the regulator. It's secured with pipe dope and/or loctite. It will be tight, but it will come out. Be careful, it's easy to damage the regulator body and/or the gauges. A vise comes in handy.

take it to the local auto repair shop, in the morning, with a couple bottles of home brew or some doughnuts and ask for a favor

So uh...anymore advice on where I can find a place willing to let me use a vice. haha

No help on where to use a vice. I gave up on those places when I got married. :D A vise, on the other hand, should be easy to find at any repair shop or handy neighbor. They're not too expensive if you have to buy one either. Good luck.

Back