Keep C02 tank connected - ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brocster

Reaction score
Quick question,

After carbing, but not drinking for a reason or two (three day trip, transporting to campsites, etc...), do you still want to keep the C02 tank attached? One scenario would still have the keg in the fridge, the other in my truck for a day or two.

Also - what is the best way to transport kegs away from the house and full? Can you lay them on their side and just cool them down when you get to wherever it is I would be going?

Thanks!

Once the pressure has stabilized to equal the dissolved CO2 you can leave it on or remove the tank. I would remove it for transport. Once my beer gets cold I prefer to leave it cold, but that just be a mind thing. If you keg really clear beer you can transport it laying down or standing up, if its not so clear you may want to keep it standing up to reduce the amount of sediment that gets back into solution. I prefer standing up, its the mind thing again.

Back