If recipe says dry extract, and I have not enough, but I have liquid, can I mix?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockout

Reaction score
Here's the problem... we're short .5 lb of Ultra-Light Dry Extract (we're going off a recipe). We HAVE, in the house, 1 lb. of Ultra-Light LIQUID extract. Can we use it mixed with the dry stuff? And, is it pound for pound, the same? Or is there some ratio rule we have to abide by?

Please hurry! We're checking the board every few minutes, as we're about to start our boil. Thanks!

I also posted this in the extract forum, I apologize for the double post and I SWEAR I will never double-post again but this is an emergency as we are getting ready to brew RIGHT now.

We are about to try making our 5th batch. We found out tonight we are short 1/2 lb of Ultra-light Dry Extract (we are using a recipe) However, we HAVE in the house, 1 lb. of Ultra-Light Liquid Extract. Can we mix the two? Do we use the same amount, ie does 1/2 lb. of Dry = 1/2 lb. of Liquid?

Please help, and soon, we're checking the board every few minutes! Thanks!

Back