Monster Energy Drinks attack VT Microbrewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
never drank monster or any of those things, but **** those guys. sent an email to the brewery, and forward the story to the local talk radio show, the host loves **** like that.

Bunch of garbage...Unless they used the trademark M on the can or something in that nature I dont understand how a company can obtain the rights to a word in the english dictionary...My local brewpub has a brew named Hoptimus and Ive seen a commercial Hoptimus Ale as well...Are they in litigation with Hasbro?...lol...I sent my boycot email...

I like this one as classic example of a bulling tactic:
Bud sues Brick Brewing over lime beer

Just big punks beating up on the little guy..

I'm about to order a couple cases of Vermonster. I recommend anyone interested in helping out Rock Art do the same as they are able.

Edit: Nuts, he doesn't ship. Probably some weird draconian distribution laws.

I think it's time we took the next step with this. Hansen has been contacted and they know there are some very angry folks out there. Time to now start contacting all the folks that Monster sponsors. Mostly action sports folks (think x-games). But there are also bands, video game companies, etc etc etc. Even one of the dudes on Dancing with the Stars is sponsored by Monster....Who's with me?!?! :mug:

I may take a weekend trip up there to pick up like 4 cases. Get beer and support the little guy in his plight against bloated business.

This would also make a great precedent, a mom-and-pop beating corporate america.

I think it's time we took the next step with this. Hansen has been contacted and they know there are some very angry folks out there. Time to now start contacting all the folks that Monster sponsors. Mostly action sports folks (think x-games). But there are also bands, video game companies, etc etc etc. Even one of the dudes on Dancing with the Stars is sponsored by Monster....Who's with me?!?! :mug:

It looks like there already is a lot going on with this in support of Rock Art and Vermonster

Save Vermonster!

Lot's of places to move in on boycotts and such...

If Rock Art Brewery has to change the label name, I will never drink another Monster or let it enter my house.

I think it is the wound up lawyers that jumped the gun. I sent Emails to both Monster and Hansen's. Let's see what they do.

I have 2 coffee Monsters in my fridge. I will send them back too!

Finally got my letters into these companies... quite lengthy as well. :) I also ended with the fact that I would prefer they not even bother responding with their boilerplate "we did not file suit, just cease and desist" email and press release. So I am sure I will get nothing in response, but that is fine, my voice has been heard!

I actually have enjoyed Monster M-80 and Chaos on occassion, but no longer! Also, if they ever do succeed in entering the alcoholic beverage industry, I will never purchase a single beverage (not that I would want alcopop anyway - and how are they comparable to a barleywine anyway?! I highly doubt monster is going to brew "beer") and encourage all my local distributors/beer bars/etc. that I frequent to never stock a single can.

It is awesome though that in this day of internet/tech/media, that the word on such a relatively small case can spread so quickly and gain so much national attention!

It is awesome though that in this day of internet/tech/media, that the word on such a relatively small case can spread so quickly and gain so much national attention!

That really is the beauty of it. 15 years ago, Rock Art would have never stood a chance. In this day and age, people can actually get support for doing the right thing! It is awesome.

Just got the FB update that shirts are available on http://rockartbrewery.com/ to support the Vermonster.

Also, from the top of the Home page

America You have saved
THE VERMONSTER !!

Your voice has caused corporate america to rethink its position

We can continue to brew our beer as we have since 2006!!

Yea!!! huge victory for the people!!

POWER to the PEOPLE
POWER belongs to the people

Followed by "statement soon" at the bottom. I know that at this point Monster has decided to "rethink its position" but they also know they need to do is keep it up for a few months and they will bankrupt Rock Art... I'll be buying a t-shirt to help their legal fees. Next time I'm up there I'll also be getting myself a case of Vermonster.

Oh, and this thread is linked on the rock art page at the bottom of the SAVE VERMONSTER link.

Probably at the bottom because...well, we're us... :D

GO VERMONSTER!

Oh, and this thread is linked on the rock art page at the bottom of the SAVE VERMONSTER link.

Probably at the bottom because...well, we're us... :D

GO VERMONSTER!

the only thing is that the link is wrong as it includes facebook in the link and ends up going to facebook. I wrote them about it last week in my email saying I was fighting for them but still hasn't been changed.

Goes to show just how brutal of a backlash can come from the internet. Before the internet it would have taken months to generate such a large amount of of public notice. Now it takes merely days. Sometimes the internet is frightening.

Nice! I tried to order a shirt, but I got an error message.
I sent them an email about it...

They posted on Facebook that they're having trouble taking more than one order at a time right now and are on the phone trying to fix it right now.

And I'm not going to lie, now that it's mostly all said and done, this might be the best thing that ever happened to Rock Art. Lawyer fees could almost be considered marketing costs if all ends well. Hell, I never heard of them before this. Now I have one of their shirts and want to try their beer. Here's to a bright future for a couple of people who worked their ass off to get there. :mug:

This is so awesome!! Way to go everyone here that joined the fight and everyone everywhere else. I have no doubt it was the home brewing community that played a large part in this David vs Galliath story.

That's just cool guys. Great job.

I didn't do much other than send an angry email two days before they pulled the plug and inquire as to ways I could support the brewery more substantially... but to everyone else who really came forward here, good on all you guys.

Very cool, still not happy with Monster. I am not sure if I can buy any of their products again unless some kind of public apology was given. even then....

I am glad Rock Art was able to use this to come out on top and take advantage of the advertising. Though I am sure it wasn't worth the head/heart ache that started it all.

It does go to show, the consumer has great power of these large corporations.

Very cool, still not happy with Monster. I am not sure if I can buy any of their products again unless some kind of public apology was given. even then....

They have to fight to keep their trademark safe, and they chose to save the little guy court costs. They did what was right for their shareholders, and what was Right. I for one will once again buy their products.

They have to fight to keep their trademark safe, and they chose to save the little guy court costs. They did what was right for their shareholders, and what was Right. I for one will once again buy their products.

Doing what's right when everyone is watching is very different than doing what's right when no one is. In this case, because of the internet/media/grassroots support, everyone was watching.

I understand your comments and rational, but my opinion of Monster hasn't changed.

Doing what's right when everyone is watching is very different than doing what's right when no one is. In this case, because of the internet/media/grassroots support, everyone was watching.

I understand your comments and rational, but my opinion of Monster hasn't changed.

Well put pd..., well put.

Back