First Dryhop attempt!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreakinA

Reaction score
Ok so backstory, my first IPA is brewing now, thus far 3 ounces of cascade hop pellets have been added to it. It was the Brewers Best IPA kit and estimated IBU for the beer is 40-45. I thought it might be fun to add another ounce hops when I rack to the secondary in a week or two just to hop it up a bit. Only cascade has been added so far, so should I stick to the cascade-ey taste, or what would be a good alternative hop to add?

I think an ounce of Cascades would really bring out a good aroma and taste. Cascade is very good hop to use when dryhopping. You should get some marbles or a weight, sanitize it, then put the hops in a hop bag with the weight and put it in the secondary. This will make sure all of the hops will go equally through the beer.

I am drinking an American IPA that I dryhopped with cascades inside my keg. It really adds great aroma for a true brew-pub type ale.

I think an ounce of Cascades would really bring out a good aroma and taste. Cascade is very good hop to use when dryhopping. You should get some marbles or a weight, sanitize it, then put the hops in a hop bag with the weight and put it in the secondary. This will make sure all of the hops will go equally through the beer.

Ok so is this hop bag similar to those reusable grain steeping nylon bags. I cant stand the muslin ones anymore and really feel like buying one.

Back