Would this mini mash work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shizog4

Reaction score
So I've been brewing extract and have run into a few clones that extract can't replicate. Since im an extract brewer, could taking a rolling pin to some grains and adding to steeping grains work? What temp/time?

I've searched for this answer but seems to be a wide variety of opinions

Are you already using steeping grains? Great - you're 3/4 of the way there already.

Where do you get your grains? Where do you get your recipe from? I don't understand the rolling pin part of your question - all the grains should come pre-crushed and ready to go.

Your grist will include 2-row pale malt at about 50% of the total. This will provide the enzymes. Aim for 150 to 155 degrees, and hold for an hour. Search for "brew-in-a-bag" or "BIAB", and check the links at the bottom of this page ("similar threads").

Good luck!

Thx for the response, I'm looking to move to PM from extract so I was just asking to figure out the best process for me with buying anything crazy.

Latest posts

Back