Just moved to Denver, Whats water situation.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewAlchemy

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just relocated to Denver and for the previous 4 years I have been brewing with well water and it was going great. Now I need to find out what changes and what to expect from Denver city water. Any helpful information would be great.

If you get your water from "Denver water" you're in luck. If you have "englewood water" you need treat it with camden tablets. I live in Littleton and have Denver water and don't treat it for anything - it is great!

Here's a good place to start: http://www.denverwater.org/WaterQuality.

I mostly agree with aseg, but I would recommend filtering or treating for chloramine removal. Beyond that, it's tough to get a handle on Denver's water because it comes from so many places, and what is coming out of your tap changes during each year. It even changes in a different way every year.

Anyway, I have decided that I am satisfied treating for chloramine and getting my pH right.

Great, thanks for the information guys. Yeah im in Park Hill area of Denver. Alright then. Guess thats fairly good news.

I'm right next to park hill. I haven't been totally happy with my beers yet so I recently started building water. I haven't tried the results yet, but am looking forward to it!

Latest posts

Back