What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tyzippers said:
Can't decide what to open first!! One of these most delicious sounding Tallgrass brews from finsfan or the JP LaParcela...first world problems...

Mmmm, I want that JP!

finsfan said:
I feel you, its 30* cloudy and been raining all day! hopefully my altima gets me home. I knew I shouldnt have sold the jeep! :(
Well today was blue skies and high temp was around 40 by mid afternoon!

That is a messy job :) Did you use the wooden spoon method (which I found out about after I did the same thing a couple of months ago.) What are you using them in?

Glad you asked... Yes I used the wooden spoon smacking method. I am making my first attempt at a wine. Tried it the difficult way, using fresh fruit, filled up half of a bucket with the seeds, hoping to get around 2 gallons, when finished. I had a tub full of pomegranates, that I needed to do something with.

Onto the good stuff!

image-819351970.jpg

Vodka diet coke while in the air on my way to a layover in NJ. First time using in flight wifi. I feel like one of the cool kids. :ban:

Haha did it cost $9 or $20?

Haha, I wish... Got a drill rig safety case to finish (or help finish), it's doing my head in.

So... Now drinking a Beavertown Gamma Ray.

View attachment 161645

Absolutely delicious, and far too easy drinking... Or maybe that's because I'm really bored!

Lemme guess, you work for BP?!

nukebrewer said:
Vodka diet coke while in the air on my way to a layover in NJ. First time using in flight wifi. I feel like one of the cool kids. :ban:

Newark? I'll be there around 930, Terminal C. Waiting to take off now.

Wedge XII followed by golem. Might follow with more golem and a stop for bourbon.

I found a bottle shop 5 mins from my job that I've driven past for 5 years and didn't know was there.

Picked up a few samples. From left to right: Founders Breakfast Stout, Celebration, Narwhal, Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout and Avery Brewing The Czar imperial.

ForumRunner_20131121_180506.jpg

I got a 4 pack of the Narwhal since the guy working there said they're still hot and I should stash them for a while and got a 4 pack of the Brooklyn since he said it was one of the best batches they've made in years. One each of the others.

jak1010 said:
I found a bottle shop 5 mins from my job that I've driven past for 5 years and didn't know was there. Picked up a few samples. From left to right: Founders Breakfast Stout, Celebration, Narwhal, Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout and Avery Brewing The Czar imperial. I got a 4 pack of the Narwhal since the guy working there said they're still hot and I should stash them for a while and got a 4 pack of the Brooklyn since he said it was one of the best batches they've made in years. One each of the others.
Was that guy Gabe?

Lemme guess, you work for BP?!

Haha, I wish, you wouldn't catch me working at 11pm then. People at oil companies don't do any damn work, they leave it all to us consultants.

Safety cases are basically a word processing exercise so I reckon you could be pretty mashed before it started going south... It's all the supporting stuff that needs thought, and that's all just about covered now. Well, covered-ish.

Yes, stay away and keep on chugging the buffalo sweat!

I never chug those things although you could. A buddy of mine used to work at tallgrass when they first started canning and they had a lot of mistake cans that they got to drink. He said they used to make bets all the time as to who could put the most cans on the canner and such. The loser had to shotgun a buffalo sweat. This happened about every 30 minutes! :drunk:

Drinking a cloud hopper IIPA by free state. Pretty good and easy to drink for being 9.5% :D

2013-11-21 17.17.46.jpg

Java Brown at Walldorff Brewpub in Hastings, MI. Unreal how good it is. I would imagine this is in the neighborhood of what Surly Coffee Bender tastes like.

By the way, anybody have experience with "The Czar" from Avery? I picked it up for $9 and figured I'd give it a try.

Threaded lid and a plugged airlock = 6.5 gallon glass beer bomb!

Dimensions on a 6.5 standard glass carboy are roughly 20.5 inches tall. 12.5 inches wide.

These wide mouths are 12 3/8" wide and 17 5/8" tall.

seem to be pretty close width wise, and a advantage Height wise as you don't have a tapered neck to contend with.

Well it looks like they are about the same size as a standard bucket fermentor... Bucket is 17.5ish and the wide mouths are 17 5/8ths... I can use a bucket with blow off with minimal clearance.... Do i get one or make a collar... I got some thinking to do

Drinking water... Still trying to drop lbs for the holidays

Back