All Night Brew Session!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
Work screwed me over last week by sending me out of town all week, and my weekend got killed as well, so because my brew schedule is all backed up, tonight will include:

Brewing Barleywine 2006
Transfering single hop brews (Cascade, Amarillo, Saaz) to secondary
Getting my cider going (made starter two days ago)

:rockin::rockin::rockin:

The barleywine will take a while, so I will do the others during the boil! :D

Best of luck, bud!
I have tried brewing two beers one day and it felt too much like work. I suppose you can do the transferring while mashing or boiling so it shouldn't be too bad!

The boil is going to be long because I'm doing it all grain. I have 13.5 lbs of grain and am probably going to collet about 8.5 gallons, but the recipe is for 3! It's gotta boil down for a while. During that time I can rack the three over and get the cider going. No boil required for that.

Mash and sparge are done. Boiling has begun. Off to transfer the Saaz so I can use that primary for the cider.

Boil still going... Saaz is in the secondary and the Cider is in the primary. I'm going to transfer over the Cascade and Amarillo and then have a massive yeast cake for the barleywine when the boil is done.

All done and everything's put away. There's three gallons of 1.111 SG wort in the primary on a nice yeast cake. I probably could have got the gravity a little higher, but the hops soaked up so much wort. There was a total of 5 ounces in the boil, and there will be another ounce and a half dry hopped in the secondary.

On top of all that, the secondaries are now full and the cider is in the primary and starting to show signs of life. Not bad for less than eight hours. Now it's time to go to bed! :p

-edit- I re-checked the hydrometer and it read slightly higher

Back