Sunday Morning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a wonderful Sunday for me too. Yesterday it was 70 something, this morning I had an inch of snow on my car. Been in the office 6 hours now doing payroll, but at least the sun is starting to come out.
It does look like I'll make it to a friend's house for the game, that's a good thing. But I'm on call so I can't drink, which may also be a good thing.

Thanks.

While waiting for the plumber, I think I've troubleshot the boiler.

When I try to run it, the pumps run, the exhaust fan runs and it's motor gets hot but the boiler never ignites. One safety feature on these things is if the fan doesn't pull enough vacuum, the boiler won't ignite.

So I'm thinking a bad bearing on the motor. That's a ~$150 part. But if it isn't in the back of the plumber's truck, I can't get a new one until tomorrow.

In the meantime, I've gotten the house up to 66F by running a space heater. I'll heat the house tonight with a fire in the fireplace.

In honor of the occasion, I will be drinking boilermakers.

I drink boilermakers on weekends anyway. Even with the kerosun heater going,it gets chilly in the house when the polar vortex shows up. We got snow yesterday that coated all the branches on the trees & bushes. Should've gotten a pick of that.

The part I need is $230 and only exists at the manufacturer in Indiana. It's another $130 to overnight it. I could 2 day it for $80, but I'd spend the extra $50 on another space heater if I had to wait 2 more days.

The part I need is $230 and only exists at the manufacturer in Indiana. It's another $130 to overnight it. I could 2 day it for $80, but I'd spend the extra $50 on another space heater if I had to wait 2 more days.

Wow options there suck. Sorry to hear about this. Tomorrow we are supposed to get 8-11 inches of snow and then over a couple days an arctic blast. I'm thinking that's a bad time to lose power which is what I worry about.

The joys of a 76 year old house.

It's not unbearable. It's actually a lot like late fall camping. I borrowed another space heater and I can keep the upstairs about 68F during the day. A fire in the wood burning stove downstairs also keeps it about 68F. But I have to shut the heaters off at night and the fire burns out. So the house drops to 58F by the time I get up.

We lost power for two days in the winter once, before my daughter was born. That was bad.

It might be the biggest hardship my 8 y.o. daughter has had to put up with. It's good for her to live with a little discomfort for a few days.

The part should be delivered to the part store around noon. I should have it by 2pm. It's a draft induction motor and fan that broke. Should just be 6 bolts and two wires to deal with.

This is the offending part. The bearings are almost completely seized.

image.jpg

Working this morning, but I'll be shoveling snow after work. Just measured 6 inches of fresh powder & it's still coming down. More snow now means less fire this summer, so I don't mind. After that it'll be ham & eggs for breakfast (my supper), laundry & a pot of hot buttered rum.
Regards, GF.

Got a couple more inches this morning & it's still coming down. Coffee & left over tater tots topped with sloppy joes & tequila/lime salsa.

Working this morning, but I'll be shoveling snow after work. Just measured 6 inches of fresh powder & it's still coming down. More snow now means less fire this summer, so I don't mind. After that it'll be ham & eggs for breakfast (my supper), laundry & a pot of hot buttered rum.
Regards, GF.

Oh my... I want to ski!

Good morning!
Here in Western New York we had a clear and cool sunrise. It's currently 7*F, with temps. supposed to reach the upper 20's this afternoon. Looks like it will be another lazy Sunday here.

bacon..........mmm........

Good morning!
Here in Western New York we had a clear and cool sunrise. It's currently 7*F, with temps. supposed to reach the upper 20's this afternoon. Looks like it will be another lazy Sunday here.

bacon..........mmm........

Great minds, brother. Down in Syracuse myself, enjoying a croissant, bacon and coffee. Staring at the absolutely stupid amount of snow in our back yard.

My fermenter and bottling bucket are shaming me into bottling the Dunkel today. Considering naming it "The Waning Banana - a Middle Aged beer."

photo.jpg

I'm about to go to the office for a couple of hours, then back home to clean the barn and garage a little. And while cleaning I'll test a couple of beers I put on tap yesterday: Columbus dry hopped amber and vanilla bourbon porter.

Going to a homebrew club meeting at Brewbakers. I'll be sharing a Zombie Dust clone and Tami's blonde "Corona ale". I brewed a Janet's Brown yesterday can't wait to try it.

:rockin:

Had to work again today, no problem though, it's an easy, quiet shift; the hard part is that this is day 14 of a 19 day stint without a day off. Good for the pocket, but I need a day off. After work I'll be folding laundry, cooking supper & sleeping. I lead such an exciting life, don't I? Hope everybody else is having a great day!
Regards, GF.

Hooking up my house's evap cooler. There's always something that needs replaced. This year it's the pump and the hose to it.

Then it's changing the oil in the car and up to my parents for my dad's birthday.

The wife and I spent the evening putting blue gills on a stringer yesterday, and then I spent until after midnight making them into filets. Looking forward to a few cold home brews and some beer battered fish later. :)

Good Sunday Morning everyone!

Bream are fun for little kids to catch but too much work to eat.

Almost Famous Brewing Company

We go to Wellington reservoir where we catch them up to 1 1/4 lbs! Breaded & fried with fries & a cold beer is great! Took the first FG on my saison & got a .996. Just need it to clear up more...otherwise raining & not much to do.

I spent the morning cutting, priming & painting plywood, then installing an AC window unit, with some custom security features. Spent the remainder of the day cooling off & enjoying my apricot/wheat from a frosty mug.
Regards, GF.

Bream are fun for little kids to catch but too much work to eat.

Almost Famous Brewing Company

I used to think that too, when I was young, but soemone showed my dad how to fillet them up fast, and after that, a bucket full of panfish got cleaned in no time, and the fillets are bone-free and awesome!

Working again today. I'm so tired, I might just skip supper & go to bed as soon as I get home. About 1.5 hrs to go. I should go make coffee.
Regards, GF.

It's a beautiful and sunny Sunday morning here, it's in the mid 60's right now and supposed to get up near 80 later. The chickens are happily grazing and chasing bugs.

Good morning everyone! :D

I'm enjoying a cup of Earl Grey tea & watching CBS Sunday Morning at the moment. Later I'll be processing fruit, starting a fig wine and enjoying a few brews whilst grillin' & chillin'. Hope you all have a great day!
Regards, GF. :)

Was supposed to have friends over for brunch. So I got up at 6am, had a quick sandwich and did a 16 mile bike ride.

I get back home, friends bailed on coming over.

I'm having brunch anyway.

Good Sunday morning to all! The sun is shining, temps. are in the 70's already, roosters are crowing, and life is all good. My niece is home for the weekend from Huston, for my nephews Graduation. I have a feeling my skeeter pee stash is about to get hit pretty hard.
:)

Sun's shining, car still in dealer shop 2.5 months later, bill is a couple grand so far, Fridge compressor gone, & computer had a thermal shutdown, so it's in the shop. Life sucks. On wife's laptop I'M PAYING FOR, & she won't even let me have a cig anywhere near it. But they're spending the extra money I had to pay for the car...?~!@#$%&(*&^$$

Just got out of bed (Pacific time) after staying up until 4:30AM playing GTA V. Today I'm going to write some music and probably go out to eat with the wife.

Good holiday Sunday morning to all. A light rain is falling on this otherwise warm morning, and the weatherman says it might last all day. That kinda shoots a hole in the wife's plan to spend the day sailing. Yard sailing that is! :D

Looks like a good day to find a Duke or Eastwood movie I've seen a thousand times and take a nap.

Enjoy whatever you find yourself doing today. :tank:

Latest posts

Back