MLT temp control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrousjunkie

Reaction score
I had an idea to use the temp control parts of a gas waterheater to maintain the temp on a MLT. :rockin: wondering if anyone has tried this. I say a gas waterheater since it would have a gas shut off and all that. Just an idea that i had that to me would make alot of since. :mug:

I'm planning on getting an electronic gas valve with pilot for controlling MLT temperature. I'll be running a 4th vessel decicated for my HERMS coil and the electronic valve will control the burner on this. The pilot will allow my temp controller to turn the gas on/off whenever necessary.

I do something similar but with electric element in a seperate heat exchanger and a PID. Nice thing about electric is it is totally controllable and the PID is able to "learn" the thermal dynamics of the heat exchanger. A solenoid style gas valve will be soley on or off

Back