Flow Rates with Liquid Pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin30R

Reaction score
I am considering getting a liquid pump and to begin setting up a Brutus 20 type system (2 tier, single flame under the BK). As I've never used a march pump, I'm curious how easy it is / how to set the flow rate.

I attached a ball valve to the inlet and outlet of the pump. The flow rate can be adjusted on the out flow side.

Very easy but some things to think about. The higher the outlet the slower the flow. Single tier systems have a higher flow. You need a full port on the inlet and the hose should be as short as possible. We use tri clover fittings and we screwed on fpt to tri clover on the pumps. We use hose barb to tri clover on the hoses and use 3/4 inch silicone on the inlet side. 1/2 on the outlet is fine. You will need to be able to burb the pump. In fact, if you can burb on BOTH sides of the pump, all the better. We have a T on the BK outlet with two ss ball valves with one pointing straight up. We get the air out with that. We also have a T with 2 ball valves and QDs on the outlet side.

bleed T.jpg

hose connected.jpg

Back