Counter Pressure Filler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougyFresh04

Reaction score
I am thinking of building an automated bottle filler and capper line. Why, because I may be able to, and of cause I am an engineer.
Anyway, I think I may have come up with a plan for the Counter Pressure filler (a rough plan at least).

Background:

I am amazed with small scale things ( I also drive a MINI), so I love doing 1 to 2.5 gallon batches. I know it is the same amount of work for little pay off. I am working on getting some o-I 7oz bottle from a friend on the inside. I figure small batched need small bottles.

Attached is a drawing of the idea I have been working on. I am thinking that I can mount it on an air cylinder with 6" of stroke. There will be a gasket to seal off on the bottle and the pressure relief vale is designed to blow at 7.5psi. I am thinking that this will allow me to fill the bottles with 5psi gas and the beer will add to the pressure allowing the valve to open. I will add solenoid vales to the beer and gas line for full automation.

Please give some insight to my crazy idea. As it is still on the drawing board and I know changes will have to be made. Also if I was unclear on anything please ask.

Thanks,
D

View attachment COUNTER PRESSURE FILLER.pdf

I am thinking of building an automated bottle filler and capper line.
Please give some insight to my crazy idea.

Thanks,
D

Not a crazy idea, do-it and pics please :mug:
I built my first one in 1995 and started out as a rotary filler with capper.
The rotary filler was a pain to upgrade and I changed to an in-line filler.
The in-feed, out-feed conveyors and capper no longer exist.
The second filler was a 5 liter keg filler, both are no longer in use, just museums pieces for demos.

BELT1Sm.jpg

2Bottels_Filler_Heads11.jpg

bae07cbf.jpg

a432af11.jpg

100_5125.jpg

5 liter keg filler
5LKegfiller2.jpg

5LKegfiller5.jpg

5L-Pug2.jpg

5LKegfiller_Filling_Message.jpg

5LKegfiller_Splash_Guard.jpg

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Not a crazy idea, do-it and pics please :mug:
I built my first one in 1995 and started out as a rotary filler with capper.
The rotary filler was a pain to upgrade and I changed to an in-line filler.
The in-feed, out-feed conveyors and capper no longer exist.
The second filler was a 5 liter keg filler, both are no longer in use, just museums pieces for demos.

BELT1Sm.jpg

2Bottels_Filler_Heads11.jpg

bae07cbf.jpg

a432af11.jpg

100_5125.jpg

5 liter keg filler
5LKegfiller2.jpg

5LKegfiller5.jpg

5L-Pug2.jpg

5LKegfiller_Filling_Message.jpg

5LKegfiller_Splash_Guard.jpg

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

You my friend are a Rockstar!!!! That is pretty awesome.

That is an awesome set you have there. Someday I am hoping to get something that resembles that. I will post pics as I get further along. I do have a 5 case sample of 7 oz bottles coming. They are used for a place in Florida that makes Malta, if you Google Malta drink you can see them. My friend from O-I is getting them for me.

More to come later
Doug

Nerds with disposable income create the coolest things, I am jealous. Mostly of the skills and also the disposable income, but one does follow the other.

Claudis

First; that is some amazing machinery.
Second; do you have a brewery?
Third; Are you able to bottle carbonated beer with your bottle filler. I watched the videos and it looked like still beer.

Forth; do you sell anything like these or do you only build for yourself?

Thanks
Wade

Claudis

First; that is some amazing machinery.
Thanks
Second; do you have a brewery?
Commercial no
Third; Are you able to bottle carbonated beer with your bottle filler.
Yes, that was the whole idea for building the filler
I watched the videos and it looked like still beer.
No, 100% water for the demo;)

Forth; do you sell anything like these or do you only build for yourself?
Sorry Wade, only for myself

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

That has got to be the most awesome DIY project I have ever seen. You obviously have a mechanical design and PLC programing background.

Latest posts

Back