GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pee Wee Herman?! Ashton Kutcher?! John Stamos? (April fools, I know)
You guys know Netflix has Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Butch & Sundance, Top Gear, Firefly, The IT Crowd, Iron Monkey, Black Hawk Down, Rounders, The Score, Planet Earth, Freaks and Geeks, Psych, several John Wayne movies, and as just pointed out, Kung Fury. No one need subject themselves to Ashton Kutcher. :D

For Daredevil, I thought season 2 was dramatically better than season 1. The Punisher arc really seemed to work well with it in spite of mild storyline changes and an awkward end of season contribution. I struggled a bit with Jessica Jones but the bigger issue was poor choice of when to watch it. I managed to get much further this weekend by starting over and it was much better without "other" company.

That said we've been sporatically doing "House of Lies" but the new Amazon Fire update jacked up Showtime so it's limited to only 2 seasons presently. We tried "True Detective" (?) last night but it was a bit painful. It seems like an inferior version of "Hannibal" in my mind which is probably unfair since it probably came first but I just can't shake that association although I'll give it another episode just in case it was merely "Pilot" stumbles. We did "Superstore" and it had it's moments for a simple show and was enough for us to finish it out but not a strong draw. The Ranch show on Netflix seems like it'd be decent given its cast but honestly it's kind of painful and not very funny imo. And finally I have really enjoyed "Lucifer" even though I kind of feel like I shouldn't.

The Ranch show on Netflix seems like it'd be decent given its cast but honestly it's kind of painful and not very funny imo.

Uhg...it is HORRIBLE. Who uses a studio laugh track anymore?!?! That grated on my nerves from the first 10 seconds. The what's his face from that 70's show, is standing around doing stage acting on a tv show, that is even more annoying.

The one liners are dumb and way too obvious, the backstories feel like someone at the script read through instead of owned by the characters.

That producer/director needs to be fired.

That's a reasonable assessment for sure. We have only been watching when intoxicated and about to fall asleep for the most part after suffering through Ep1.

Uhg...it is HORRIBLE. Who uses a studio laugh track anymore?!?! That grated on my nerves from the first 10 seconds. The what's his face from that 70's show, is standing around doing stage acting on a tv show, that is even more annoying.

The one liners are dumb and way too obvious, the backstories feel like someone at the script read through instead of owned by the characters.

That producer/director needs to be fired.

I turned it off the second I heard that...so lame.

not on Netflix, but regarding the laugh track: the BigHair & I have watched 5 episodes of Crowded. we laughed at 2 jokes in one episode and I'm convinced that was only because we were on herbal supplements while watching it

Watched over the last 4 days:
Love
People Places Things
Adult Beginners
Undefeatable Kimmie Schmidt

I can not watch anything with a laugh track, Arrested Development has ruined me forever!

i watched the first two australian episodes of season one, but found the american t.v. version to be closer to my "taste".
can't say how many shows i can enjoy without getting tired of a man in a dog suit.. but so far the american version of wilfred is a good way to end a tough day. have you seen it?

John Liguizamo in Season 2 of Bloodline...looks good.

***THIS TRAILER HAS SEASON ONE SPOILERS***

Last edited by a moderator:
We recently got caught up on Mozart in the Jungle on Amazon.

Love that show! Was kind of curious after reading the book, and the show shares a very basic premise, but it's pretty well written and funny and interesting too.

Now I need to make sure we're up on Vikings before GoT comes back.

We are also watching Parks and Rec for short filler shows at meal time, etc. I like the show, but I gotta say I do get a little dizzy from all of the ZOOMING the cameraman does. Like every time the camera changes angle, they have to zoom in on a character. For no reason at all.

Zoom. Zoom. Zoom.

We are also watching Parks and Rec for short filler shows at meal time, etc. I like the show, but I gotta say I do get a little dizzy from all of the ZOOMING the cameraman does. Like every time the camera changes angle, they have to zoom in on a character. For no reason at all.

Zoom. Zoom. Zoom.

if I remember, they did that on The Office. drove me nuts

similar style of show, but I don't recall if they do that zoom crap on Modern Family. maybe they do, it's just not as annoying

if I remember, they did that on The Office. drove me nuts

similar style of show, but I don't recall if they do that zoom crap on Modern Family. maybe they do, it's just not as annoying

I've seen it on a few shows, but never as annoying as PaR. I almost suspect they do it to be funny. Like poking fun of the shooting style on the other shows.

I don't hate it until I've watching while eating dinner and I start to feel dizzy from it!

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but TURN is a good show on Netflix (from AMC) about spying in the Revolutionary War.

Daredevil is probably the best thing I've seen on Netflix the last couple of years.

I keep hearing Daredevil is good, but I'm generally not a fan of comic book superhero movies. I liked the first X-men, The Dark Knight movies, Iron Man was OK, and the Edward Norton Hulk movie was decent. Other than that, I can't get through them without Rifftrax.

Comic book movies are not for everyone. This show however, does a really good job of keeping it believable. It also adds a level of violence that you don't see in most comic books. Really great job with a not so well known cast.

now watched a couple episodes of DD and liking it so far.

not really (IMO) your typical comic book type show, at least not like the Avengers' series (Iron Man + Captain America + Thor + Hulk) and not at all like Agents of Shield

this is almost exactly like Jessica Jones in that they share the same look/feel and, so I've noticed, at least 1 character so far.

looks like they share some EPs, so not surprised at the similarities

Back