coopers lager.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gingerhammer

Reaction score
I have made up a brew of coopers lager(which I am told is not a lager but a pale ale?)and took a hydrometer reading today.It shows it is not at the ready mark(green band)but I will take a reading tomorrow to make sure.It has been fermenting now for 13 days.I used 500gr of dextrose and 500 gr of dme.It has been at a steady temp of 24 degrees.should it still be fermenting?

Are you referring to the ambient temperature or the temperature of the actual beer? Typically fermenting beer is several degrees warmer than the ambient room temperature. I think 24C (about 75F) is too warm, especially for a "lager", but at this stage in the fermentation process, I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think your beer will continue to ferment at this point. If it were me, I'd probably give it a few more days and take another gravity reading. If it's the same gravity, you can bottle.

Back