DIY breaking the law

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not more expensive than finding, training, and hiring another good employee.

which means he either wasn't a good employee, or a troll.

I think that "spilling pesto" might actually mean "dumping a bunch of pesto on the ground and spreading it around with a customer's jacket because it sounded like fun".

Waitaminute, rebels brew?

I thought it was only hipsters and beer geeks, and doctors and lawyers and teachers and computer programmers and biochemists, and mechanics and dentists.......and ministers. ;)

motobrewer said:

Well i had worked at the store for 4 years. I got paid, not a lot at all, more than the standard recession hiree. So in the short run. They will save money dropping me on bull**** grounds, im not in a union, and getting a freshmen high school student to do it. Aka Mgmt economics.

underground and under the influence

I built a few different valve models. Also my family knows now. I just could not have let my father know i was let go FOR SPILLING PESTO until i had another job. Which i did 4 days later. As for graffiti and being a poor customer.. What can i say imma rebel thats why i homebrew.

So when you say family, you meant mom and dad? Not wife and kids? Definitely different. Instead of a worthless father and husband, you're only a punk kid. You won't be a worthless father for a few more years :p There is hope of growing out of it though. We were all "rebels" when we're kids. Going to guess there is a good chance you're underage though if you're living with mom and dad and home brewing is considered a "rebel" activity. So, buh bye.

I keep a cobblestone on my desk at the firehouse, they are re useable ;)

that explains a lot . . .

Smart. Did you have a hard time buying it?

He spilled the pesto, not a good employee. Also, depends on how much pest he spilled.

Well i had worked at the store for 4 years. I got paid, not a lot at all, more than the standard recession hiree. So in the short run. They will save money dropping me on bull**** grounds, im not in a union, and getting a freshmen high school student to do it. Aka Mgmt economics.

lol! i believe you are a bit confused - they don't need a reason to fire you.

again, that's not economical. if you had already proven yourself to be a worthwhile employee, the "mgmt economics" are in favor of keeping you on.

If my kids turn out to be breakers, my foot will get broke off in their asses.

I was trying super hard to not post on this nonsense but...

+1 to this...

Sure when given the choice, you could take either road... Contribute or destroy... Since the purpose of this forum is to contribute, I'm kinda lost as to why someone who is of drinking age would post something like this...

But I guarantee you that I plan on "guiding" any inkling of this behavior right out of my children...I'll probably use that quote...

Builders and breakers. That's what I tell my kids.

Some people are part of the noble human experiment, carving art out of chaos. Building something from nothing, conceiving great things and giving them form with sweat and muscle.

The other group kicks over sand castles, spray paints bridge abutments, returns art to chaos.

I'm hoping my kids are builders. But we'll see.

Brilliant!

As for the mommy and daddy 's house being the reason for my choice of words. No. But when one is 22. The average gathering of contemporaries is supplied with copious amounts of BMC. Showing up with homebrewed wit bier is rather avant garde. I dont keep a fermenter under my race car bed.

Please tell me you really live in Rhode Island. I'm just making sure you aren't a member of my homebrew club.

On a side note, my wife my some awesome pesto recently from fresh basil my mother picked only hours before. I wouldn't have shot him if he spilled it, that's how good it was.

Mmmm yeah.

Living with an unemployed self-important f*cktard who enjoys being "under the influence" is a rather suckful experience (been there, sold t-shirts).

Hoping that herr troll doesn't actually have a spouse and that this is nothing more than a big furry troll (how appropriate on Halloween!)

Maybe its just a sig... But nah you must know my family well.

2brew1cup said:
As for the mommy and daddy 's house being the reason for my choice of words. No. But when one is 22. The average gathering of contemporaries is supplied with copious amounts of BMC. Showing up with homebrewed wit bier is rather avant garde. I dont keep a fermenter under my race car bed.

He has to have some intelligence due to his highly articulated response. Or at least a thesaurus.

Way to kill the thread by remarking on my intelligence. Now the true trolls have no fuel.

Wow! I wonder why he got fired? Oh wait, I can see it now in the OP.

Sent from my DROIDX using Home Brew Talk

Smart. Did you have a hard time buying it?

I snaked it when they were redoing the alley behind the fire house I was at (the firehouse was 100+ years old). When they tore up the first few layers they exposed the old cobblestone and they were just going to landfill them so <grab grab=""> . . . I broke 1, lost 1, still have the 3rd . . . just a bit altered (fireman joke)</grab>

I just told my fiance about this thread and she said "sounds like there is a real 'brew-ha-ha... get it?". She's a little whacked out on Theraflu right now, but she looks very pleased with herself, albeit sniffley.

Wow, some off you really need to trade that stick up your ass in on a sense of humor.

Wow, some off you really need to trade that stick up your ass in on a sense of humor.

ahh, the problem with the internet -

you see, we can only HOPE the OP was joking -
and even you can surely see, that conclusion is somewhat doubtful. So, assuming that was a true story, the question becomes - is he defending his position or trying to get a rise out of us?

If this story is true, it is a sad commentary on the evolution of our society. Responsible people can only share their disappointment and their promise of correcting their offspring to help mitigate this eventual slip into anarchy.

while not excessively stern, I raised mine responsibly. They would never behave in this manner, and would themselves be appalled by this display. But I fear many their age were not raised with any sense of respect.

again, we can only hope he was joking.

Hehehe she's usually the one who cant stand my puns and dumb jokes. It takes heavy doses of over the counter flu medicines and/or sleep deprivation to get her to sink to my level.

And honestly who cares if he was or not? It's a damn funny story. Some of the comments on here make it sound as if he broke into the local church and raped all the choir boys before, oh never mind.

Christ, even if it was true, it's funny. Dude goes into a nameless giant corporate box store and pieces together 50 bucks worth of crap into a working mashtun, then leaves. It's not like he stole anything. It's not like he took a crap in a display toilet. So, worse situation is that the store either throws it in the garbarge and chalks up the 60 dollars to a loss (ooooohhh, that's gonna bankrupt them), or some smart manager sell the mashtun for 100 bucks.

But seriously, you guys act like the dude waltzed into the LHBS, tied up the manager and forced him to brew a Bud Light clone. Lighten up people, it's a bulletin board.

ahh, the problem with the internet -

you see, we can only HOPE the OP was joking -
and even you can surely see, that conclusion is somewhat doubtful. So, assuming that was a true story, the question becomes - is he defending his position or trying to get a rise out of us?

If this story is true, it is a sad commentary on the evolution of our society. Responsible people can only share their disappointment and their promise of correcting their offspring to help mitigate this eventual slip into anarchy.

while not excessively stern, I raised mine responsibly. They would never behave in this manner, and would themselves be appalled by this display. But I fear many their age were not raised with any sense of respect.

again, we can only hope he was joking.

And honestly who cares if he was or not? It's a damn funny story. Some of the comments on here make it sound as if he broke into the local church and raped all the choir boys before, oh never mind.

Christ, even if it was true, it's funny. Dude goes into a nameless giant corporate box store and pieces together 50 bucks worth of crap into a working mashtun, then leaves. It's not like he stole anything. It's not like he took a crap in a display toilet. So, worse situation is that the store either throws it in the garbarge and chalks up the 60 dollars to a loss (ooooohhh, that's gonna bankrupt them), or some smart manager sell the mashtun for 100 bucks.

But seriously, you guys act like the dude waltzed into the LHBS, tied up the manager and forced him to brew a Bud Light clone. Lighten up people, it's a bulletin board.

breaker

You have to admit though that the internet is great for the fact that many "breakers" are perfectly willing to ID themselves as such online, at which point, they can be avoided.

Im not a god damn breaker! I BUILT an amazing mash tun!! Plus is this like the poor vs job creators bc at the end of the day neither do **** so get off the high horse. Go spray paint its good for you :ban:

The rubbermaid igloo coolers are 39 bucks alone. I think your mashtun must have looked like junk and that is why the employee was looking at it motionless. Go back and rebuild it correctly.

It's a really lame way to insult people. Someone earlier said you are either a builder or a breaker. Now this one guy seems to find it funny to just post "breaker" whenever he doesn't agree with you.

It's interesting, I belong to a few different forums. This is the only forum that is as heavily moderated as this one, yet people can freely insult people and call them names. It's bizarre.

On one hand, the people doing the insulting must be old and wise, as they know all and look down unapprovingly at all. Yet their comments are so childlike.

Actually, the store does chalk it up to a loss. They then raise our prices to make up for such actions in the future. So yeah, if you want to pay for everyone else to be able to mess around and destroy a stores property then by all means go ahead and encourage people like this...

Im not a god damn breaker! I BUILT an amazing mash tun!! Plus is this like the poor vs job creators bc at the end of the day neither do **** so get off the high horse. Go spray paint its good for you :ban:

But you built it with things that did not belong to you.
You yourself said,"I got to plumbing and spent about 2 hours building different mash tun valve set ups. I was removing valves from bags. Combining female/male bits even going so far as to use adhesives rendering my creations unsalvagable to other customers."
Somebody has to pay for what you broke/vandalized no mater how you rationalize it.

mcarb said:
It's a really lame way to insult people. Someone earlier said you are either a builder or a breaker. Now this one guy seems to find it funny to just post "breaker" whenever he doesn't agree with you.

It's interesting, I belong to a few different forums. This is the only forum that is as heavily moderated as this one, yet people can freely insult people and call them names. It's bizarre.

On one hand, the people doing the insulting must be old and wise, as they know all and look down unapprovingly at all. Yet their comments are so childlike.

Oh **** my bad I read that just didn't make the connection

Yup. Still funny.

Have you ever laughed at a joke about pedophiles? You know the one about the priest and the choir boy? Or did you sit there fort an hour arguing about how wrong it was and society will pay........

It's a frigging joke and a damn funny story. Pull the undies out a tad.

Actually, the store does chalk it up to a loss. They then raise our prices to make up for such actions in the future. So yeah, if you want to pay for everyone else to be able to mess around and destroy a stores property then by all means go ahead and encourage people like this...

I'm usually all for telling stories and dark humor, but the truth of the matter is some of the folks here work in retail or own their own shops (selling various merch). The joke about the priest and the choir boy is a laugh riot unless you happen to be a priest or a molested choir boy...

Knowing your audience helps you avoid the onslaught of rotten tomatoes.

Yup. Still funny.

Have you ever laughed at a joke about pedophiles? You know the one about the priest and the choir boy? Or did you sit there fort an hour arguing about how wrong it was and society will pay........

It's a frigging joke and a damn funny story. Pull the undies out a tad.

If you read the thread I made jokes about the situation at the beginning. It wasn't until some uninformed fellow stated that these actions hurt no one. When in fact, this is one specific issue that affects EVERYONE.

I'll pull the undies out a tad if you learn a little responsibility and quit expecting everyone else to pay for your mistakes...

Yup. Still funny.

Little different if its a joke about a concept and a relating of an actual (alledgedly) event. Unless of course you would laugh at a story of actual choir boy molestation, in which case your parallel is logical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back