Brew Masters on Discovery w/ Sam Calagione

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome!

Dogfish's beers are hit and miss with me, but I really dig the way they take chances and just experiment and see what happens.

A couple months ago, I saw him speak at the college I work for (he's an alumni), and he's a very good storyteller. Should be an interesting show.

I've been waiting for this for months. It seems they have changed the name of the show though. I wanna say originally it was slated to be called "brewed". Either way, I will be recording all of these.

I was actually at the DFH brewery this summer and saw some camera crews.
No one asked me to sign any waivers or whatever so I guess I'm not going to be famous, though. :(

A new TV Series airs on Nov 21st at 10 p.m. called brew masters. First show will feature Sam Calagione and Dogfish Head.

Primary- 10 Gal Oatmeal Stout
Kegged- Sorachi Ace Pilsner, Wet Hop Citra Pale Ale, 10 Gal Black IPA
Bottled- Berliner Weisse, Zeus IPA
Next batches- Kolsch, Pale Pale #4 w/Greenbelt Yeast

Someone doesn't search before posting.

This has been talked about for quite some time.

I don't even know. I thought you had some new news about the show.

Sorry I hurt your feelers.

I say we string him up for bothering us with a duplicate post !

How about attacking the millionth poster on stuck fermentations. Or it's my first AG brew.

Give the OP a break.

Awesome, hadn't heard about this until this thread. Just emailed myself to DVR the show when it starts.

Here's new (to me) unrelated info. For all the fans of "Three Sheets" Zane is back on TV with "Drinking Made Easy" Wednesday nights on HD NET

More threads make for better sheets. And shirts.

Saw the commercial for the show this past weekend. Looking forward to it.

Just saw the commercial on Discovery. Looks pretty sweet. I think this show will really push more people to try craft beers. Maybe, just maybe, people in my area will learn that there is more than BMC out there and demand more variety in they beer aisle. Heaven forbid BMC should lose a few markets shares.

Bet you they will do the mandatory mention of them though during the first episode. Can't wait for it to air.

I can't wait for this! I just wish I had a DVR, so I could have it to watch again. Hopefully someone with a DVR can share though.

drinking some inversion ipa winding down from racking my bohemian and just saw the ad for BrewMasters. Hadn't heard about it till tonight and just checked HBT...

Stoked for the new show.

I could possibly record it and add it to my eye tv and post it on here for everyone to see. I might also have to do this for the Oceanside Ale Works show on bloomberg...I think thats the name of it

I have SWMBO recording this for me. I am going to be rotating hard drives back to the states so I can keep up with this and a few other shows. I am pretty excited. Not only does my plan allow me to watch this show but I will also get to stay current on commercials from the US. American Forces Network does not have them fill the time with the same 11 spots. You never realize how much you miss new commercials until you don't have them.

Ive just watched a couple clips from hulu
....Not impressed, I'm afraid what happened to choppers and motorcycles will happen to Micro Breweries... I worked as a Mechanic building custom bikes before, During, and After the shows were popular on TV (discovery channel) and it did nothing but hurt the Industry (In the long run) while it was all going on we were selling bikes like crazy to the Deuche bags that wanted to be cool and ride once a week. but now that the craze is over the industry is in a Slump...(Poor economy is to blame as well)

I just dont see this beeing a good thing in the long run... I dont want Dogfish head Brewery (which I like their beer) to be the next Orange county choppers...

I think the economy has more to do with the dropoff of demand for choppers than the fact that the demand was inflated. Albeit I'm sure the market is now over saturated due to the downturn, you can't blame the downturn on the inflation of production, people just simply don't want to buy a show bike any more.

That being said, beer seems to be a recession proof industry. People get depressed when the economy sucks, and that leads them to drinkin.

I already have my DVR set to record it. I hope it ends up being more educational than for entertainment.

I can't wait to check out this show. It seems really cool.

As far as it hurting the industry, I can't see how. It will bring people into craft beer, sure. But the analogy of the motorcycles is a bad one. In a bad economy people will still be buying beer (even more expensive beer). Buying a custom motorcycle is more of a want while beer is more of a need.

Just saw a commercial for this on Comedy Central. Threw me for a loop at first cause I just moved out of the shadow of Dogfish Head to Oregon and thought Sam was getting into the tv ad campaigns a la Boston Beer.

I'll certainly give it a try

Back