Basic question about propane (specifically creosote)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewclearAssault

Reaction score
I have a silly question about propane (this is only the second time I've ever used it!) more specifically about the creosote that is on the bottom of the kettle.

Mostly its just annoying that it dirties up the sinks when I'm giving my wort an ice bath. I want to know- can I prevent it at all or at least minimize the amount of it in some way?

I'm assuming this is just a part of propane brewing so I'm not gonna worry about it, but any answers would be appreciated!

That is not creosote. It is soot. You need to adjust the air baffle near the burner so that you get as little orange in the flame as possible. You want the flame to be as blue as you can get it. I get almost no black deposits on my pots.

adjust the air door for a blue flame. If the air won't do it, look for an obstruction in the burner. Spider webs and stuff.

Latest posts

Back