• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Trade? 5 gallon Pin-Lock Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jota21

Reaction score
A buddy of mine just bought a bar and I found 7 old, nasty coke kegs in the basement. He was going to send them to the scrap yard, so I took them home to clean. They all apear to be in decent shape, and cleaned up pretty well.

I have taken them all apart and have the lids, posts, and dip tubes soaking in oxyclean, then when I can reassemble them, I will use new O-rings, then fill with oxyclean to clean the insides.

SWMBO has come to terms with the expense of brewing and bottling 5 gallon batches, but is not thrilled at the idea of me spending money on kegging related equipment. She is also not excited that I have all of these kegs taking up space in our small house. My solution is to potentially trade 3 or 4 of these for different beer-related equipment.

What i would be interested in:
CO2 tank
regulators/manifolds
faucets/shanks
disconnects

I am in the Pittsburgh area and would prefer to not ship these things, but drop me a line if you're interested.

Thanks

It appears that you want to start kegging. If you're cool with pin locks I suggest you keep all 7. Once you start you'll only want more and they're free. You can pick up the rest of the parts for pretty cheap on CL if you watch.

Thanks for all of the responses... I think I would prefer to trade for either a cooler/mash tun or an immersion chiller. If anyone is interested please let me know.

It appears that you want to start kegging. If you're cool with pin locks I suggest you keep all 7. Once you start you'll only want more and they're free. You can pick up the rest of the parts for pretty cheap on CL if you watch.

Thanks for the advice, but I really can't see myself being able to commit enough time/money to keeping 7 cornies in the rotation. I'd prefer to unload 2-3 of them so that I can upgrade other equipment.

I have 5 gal round igloo cooler mash tun. It has a 1/2" valve and a copper manifold installed. I would trade for 2 kegs.
I ship to you , you ship to me

Have a 10 gallon round cooler with stainless braid and ball valve would consider trading. Also have a copper manifold I might consider adding in. Would require shipping on both ends. Drop me a pm.

Back