Plastic Fermenter???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, things like that are favored by the "no-chill" brewing crowd. You can put boiling wort in them, seal them up, let them cool and pitch yeast in them and go.

its only a 5 gallon, so maybe it would only be good as a secondary fermentation vessel or a primary for batches smaller than 5 gallons. For the price, I think I would stick with the plain ol' plastic bucket.

it's HDPE so it would be fine as a fermenter, but it is also only 5 gallons so you'd have to brew 4ish gal batches to have enough headspace for active fermentation.

For the price and ease of cleaning, I'd just use a 6.5 gal bucket

its only a 5 gallon, so maybe it would only be good as a secondary fermentation vessel or a primary for batches smaller than 5 gallons. For the price, I think I would stick with the plain ol' plastic bucket.

beat me to it :D

I was thiking to use it as a secondary. I am running out of fermenters and I have a good lead on these for $5 a piece.

At $5 a pop, go for it...especially with the (once one scrolls down a little on the link) really cool spigots and cam lock connections. You could rig some sealed transfer setups like the better bottles for WAY cheaper. Cleaning might be PITA though

Back