What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Conan-Warrior Pale ale

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390499480.389551.jpg

A sample of my scottish ale clone that was the first AG I did. It's thinner, not so sweet and tastes different. I'm still going to bottle and such, but I'm not sure I'll be running to drink this one. I assume I'll only be able to bottle about 3.75g (it's only about 4 g) so I'm not sad to say I don't have "much" to get through.

The vanilla bean bourbon oak porter however is GD delicious. This is definitely a rebrew. I'm not sure I get a lot of oak but I do sense the woody flavor. I used Maker's Mark 16 so that may indeed be where much of the flavor comes from. 3 vanilla beans was indeed a good choice. It's there but not THERE.

Not really slated for drinking today but I really need to get my ass in gear with bottling. I think I'm going to be short on bottles, which sucks so much.
Picked up a bottle of Enjoy by 2-14-14, one bottle limit, which is lamesauce alongside a bottle that was dubbed "trade bait" and a sixer of Sucks.

A sample of my scottish ale clone that was the first AG I did. It's thinner, not so sweet and tastes different. I'm still going to bottle and such, but I'm not sure I'll be running to drink this one. I assume I'll only be able to bottle about 3.75g (it's only about 4 g) so I'm not sad to say I don't have "much" to get through.

The vanilla bean bourbon oak porter however is GD delicious. This is definitely a rebrew. I'm not sure I get a lot of oak but I do sense the woody flavor. I used Maker's Mark 16 so that may indeed be where much of the flavor comes from. 3 vanilla beans was indeed a good choice. It's there but not THERE.

Picked up a bottle of Enjoy by 2-14-14, one bottle limit, which is lamesauce.

wow, never heard of a bottle limit on enjoy by

Happy birthday to me. Starting this MFer off right...

This was good when I bought it in 12/12/12. It's amazing now. Don't know if I'll be able to keep my hands off the other four bottles I have left.

Nice B-day starter beer. I got to plan my bottles I want to open on my birthday. :rockin:

This was good when I bought it in 12/12/12. It's amazing now. Don't know if I'll be able to keep my hands off the other four bottles I have left.

Happy birthday man! I'll raise one to you after work

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Home Brew mobile app

When is yours? I already know im drinking a Nightmare on brett street and a love child #3 on mine and its in August haha

I got a bunch. Maybe Crooked Stave - Batch #1, Tired Hands- W13, Avery- Uncle Jacobs, Some Jester King, Sours, Parabola (2012), anything that is tasty in my cellar.. I really dont know. There will be some good stuff lol Plus going to order a big box of goodness for my birthday

Happy birthday Qhrumphf!

Driving back with a $20 bottle of an imperial stout from New Holland and some ******* cuts me off. Bottle goes flying and explodes on the floor of my truck. I'm so pissed, about the beer and the ****ing clean up.

Having water to start ... then onto beer no doubt.

Happy birthday Qhrumphf!

Driving back with a $20 bottle of an imperial stout from New Holland and some ******* cuts me off. Bottle goes flying and explodes on the floor of my truck. I'm so pissed, about the beer and the ****ing clean up.

Wow, that is terrible. Im sorry for your loss and mess. :(

Happy Birthday man! :mug:

Happy birthday Qhrumphf!

That totally blows! And what imp stout from NH did you pay $20 for??? Night Tripper?

Happy bday and sorry about the bottle loss.

Having this while waiting for my flight home. Airport bar in Austin has gotten a few new craft options. I like it.

Need to do some damage on my HB stash this weekend in the name of helping out with the move next weekend. Empty bottles are easier to move than full ones right?

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390515213.812706.jpg

Drinking water while doing a little reading. Enjoy:

http://m.quickmeme.com/p/3vrw3r

You helped my blood pressure while debugging a server with this, thanks.

Happy birthday!

Just had a Dawn Patrol at a 'post brief' with company leadership.

Happy Bday to you, QH. Raising this beer for you. Cheers.

Happy Birthday man! :mug:

That totally blows! And what imp stout from NH did you pay $20 for??? Night Tripper?
Yup! I had some left in the bottle, about 2 oz. It is boozy. I was going to cellar it and looks like it was a good idea to do that. Well, if I had the f'ing bottle. It was $18.50, not $20...but still annoying. It was a girl on her cell and she ran the red light to turn right on red, didn't even stop. It was either loss of beer, a truck that will smell like it for a while no doubt, or I slam into her going 35. 35 seems slow but it isn't. Same type of accident happened to me in 97 so this one has a much better outcome clearly.

Happy B-Day!

What finsfan said. Always sucks having a perfectly good bottle get needlessly destroyed.

Or in this case, a bottle of New Holland. ;)

Yup! I had some left in the bottle, about 2 oz. It is boozy. I was going to cellar it and looks like it was a good idea to do that. Well, if I had the f'ing bottle. It was $18.50, not $20...but still annoying. It was a girl on her cell and she ran the red light to turn right on red, didn't even stop. It was either loss of beer, a truck that will smell like it for a while no doubt, or I slam into her going 35. 35 seems slow but it isn't. Same type of accident happened to me in 97 so this one has a much better outcome clearly.

People that drive on the phone should be kicked in the face. As for the beer havent had this years yet but it is a good one to store away. Pretty awesome with a year on it.

At least the beer got busted and not you. When I eventually snap and get hauled off to the looney bin, I'm 99% sure it's going to be because I start doing horrendous things to people who can't drive because they're using their phones.

Having a friends HB triple. Considering it's not my favorte style and his track record, it's pretty darn good.

Happy birthday!
Cheers.
Although I am new to the site, every time I come on here, It feels like family catching up. Thanks guys and ladies.

Nothing right now but I need one. I don't want to be that dad who yells at his kid with booze on his breath...but this kid needs some yelling at yet, so I'm holding off. Why aren't kids easy?

Happy birthday Qhrumphf!

That's f'd up! Were it me I would have ran the ***** down and slammed my brakes in front of her. No use for people who can't follow simple traffic laws. A lot of laws I disagree with, but not traffic laws. Most of them are very well founded and people who can't follow them are the worst kind of stupid.

Here's a toast to your fallen friend. Lost but not forgotten. Got this from a trade on Beer Forum. Freakin' fantastic and just like I remember it. This beer makes me happy in pants.

20140123_180000 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

Happy birthday! :beer:

Thought about taking the day off from beer after nursing an apfelwein hangover all day, but hey, we only have one liver to punish.
2x Stout from southern tier
4eqy8eqy.jpg

Back