beer and protein powder...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Protein powder + homebrew beer? I'm not sure English has the words necessary to describe how rancid the resulting flatulence would be from such a concoction, but I imagine it would be somewhere just beyond "peel the paint off the walls" and "why's the dog crying ... OH GOD WHAT DID YOU EAT?"

Kegged my egg protein beer a few days ago. As I mentioned earlier, I added the egg protein power to the last 5 minutes of the boil, and it instantly solidified into large clumps about the consistency of a hard boiled egg. There are so many other flavors in the beer, it's hard to really pick out if any egg flavor made it in there.
I'm pretty confident there is no additional protein value, so I'm calling the myth busted with egg-based powder. I've heard that whey performs a bit differently, if that's what you're looking for.

I can report back from the madness that was Copenhagen Beer Celebration about Omnipollos Protein Shake Double IPA. Firstly, I really liked it. It was really a cross between a full and balanced double IPA and protein shake with some strawberry. In a very natural way.

Then I asked the brewers if they had any info they´d give out and they said that you should try to get the cleanest protein poweder you can and that it should not be milk or egg derived.

Quest has a non flavored protein they encourage the use of cooking with. However it is advised to be used more like a flour substitute.

I personally use the nonflavored protein in my pancakes and it works good, but I've never boiled it.

11406776_848984795139247_1139019693363830313_n.jpg

From Omnipollo´s Facebook page with the words "Walked into a shop to buy ingredients for our protein shake IIPA (8%) and surprised the shop owner (who was wondering if I had gotten lost) quite a bit when I walked out with this."

So that answers the question which protein they use I guess.

Bud has 1g of Protein.

I think it more like 1.6 grams per beer. Google says...

If I was on a high protein diet and I was allowed beer I'd be ok with that. FDA says the average person needs 50 to 175 grams of protein per day.

So..... a 12r every night might get me half there, throw in a big t-bone and I'm golden if I eat yogurt for breakfast.

:mug:

Back