Sundays ain't just about Football

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Football - "In the American usage, a game where a bunch of over-paid sissies in too much padding use their HANDS to move the ball."

david_42 said:
Football - "In the American usage, a game where a bunch of over-paid sissies in too much padding use their HANDS to move the ball."
:D :D Good one, David.

david_42 said:

I thought it went: "In the American usage, a game where a bunch of over-paid sissies in too much padding use their HANDS to play with a single oval shaped ball."

I'm proud to announce my new assistant brewmaster has not only helped me bottle my oatmeal stout but helped me make my first batch of '06. Of course, he demanded a lunch break a few minutes into the process, then took a nap for the remainder of the steps, but he'll get it down eventually.

Couldn't wait until Sunday, brewed today with the boys. It went well, only lost a thermometer in the process. It's sitting in the primary right now, and blowing bubbles already.
I realized I need a strainer for the hop residue. So, we all (the boys and me) learned something new today.

Brewed Friday Night, bottled 2 batches with buddies on Saturday, and purchased supplies. Bottled a batch of mine Sunday, and built an insulated box for lagering in. Also killed a batch of wine, and will re-rack that into a carboy. Might get going on an extract lager today, but then I'll need to buy another carboy to rack into....

Cheesefood said:
I'm proud to announce my new assistant brewmaster has not only helped me bottle my oatmeal stout but helped me make my first batch of '06. Of course, he demanded a lunch break a few minutes into the process, then took a nap for the remainder of the steps, but he'll get it down eventually.

I got an official assistant as well. He's now done 3-4 batches with me and yesterday he actually worked more than he drank. Not bad considering it was a double batch day. He definitely helped me shave 1-2 hours off of my 10 hour session yesterday. He's getting into it and works at a machine shop & is starting to "envision" what he can build for a better 3 tier system :).

Oy... I'm in the Detroit area. So around here it's superbowl this and superbowl that. I can't wait till the superbowl comes. It will come... it will go and that will be the end of it.

Back