23 tip burner plumbing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fitchbrew

Reaction score
Im in the process of building a brew stand and trying to rig up this 23 tip burner along with my bayou classics turkey fryer. Right now ive got the regulator that came with the bayou classics turkey fryer on the propane tank and plumbed into 1/2 inch black pipe where it splits one way to the 23 tip burner and the other way to the turkey fryer.

Can I run both of these like this? Ive got a a ball valve before each burner as well.

image-4064581077.jpg

Ok thanks. So has anyone ever used a 23 tip jet burner with a bayou classics turkey burner together? With the bayou classics regulator?

We built a 3 tier for a customer as his request. The burners are way over the top in heat output. A 10 tip is more than adequate.

Can anyone tell me what the fitting is called that goes into a bayou classics banjo burner? Ill need to source a hose with One of these on each side

It's called an orifice and has a 3/8" Flare fitting
25143051.jpg

As for a source... note my signature. We make them to order.

The twenty three tip will put out too much heat. You will lose a ton up the side of your brew pot. I plugged up mine down to a ten tip.

I'm only using the 23 tip for heating strike water so it won't be on for a whole 60 min boil.

fitchbrew said:
I'm only using the 23 tip for heating strike water so it won't be on for a whole 60 min boil.

We will see the first time I use it. I may have to confided plugging it down to ten.

Back