What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SWMBO orange honey cream ale.

ForumRunner_20130324_215140.jpg

First one of the six pack. Bells Hell Hath No Fury Abbey Dubbel 7.5%. Pretty good kinda starts sweet then in comes deep roasty flavors and a lot of it. Cant really tell if thats where the bitterness is coming from or if its hops, and almost has a Tart Side of the Moon feel to it. Either way another great Bells. And I love the label!

ForumRunner_20130325_003513.jpg

ForumRunner_20130325_003543.jpg

Wheat wine now. It's snowing sideways so I figure it's a good time for a few higher abv beers.

image-679526438.jpg

My 3/4 Dubbel earlier

image-1255631298.jpg

Too bad it doesn't taste quite as good as it looks.

A really roasty oatmeal stout, very nice. Especially when you make chili with it and drink it before during and after.

image-1519811667.jpg

A friend's imperial red

image-3539382641.jpg

Although if people keep asking for honest criticism of their beers, I might be out of friends soon.

My pops' first homebrew. I taught him how to brew about 6 weeks ago when I was down visiting him. Got a package in the mail Friday with a single bottle and a note "is this ready yet?"

IMG_20130325_154043_Hagrid.jpg

Nice Belgian amber. It's almost ready I'd say.

I'm drinking the Rogue Morimoto Soba kit beer I brewed a month ago. It tastes exactly as I remember it, but it has almost the same aftertaste as a banana, only much more subdued. I'd have to try the real thing to get a comparison, but I think I could learn to appreciate what I have. Or, I really, really screwed it up, and I'm out $40, a month's worth of time and effort, and yet another failure on my record. I've had three wins, out of six brews. I really need a win.

I'll try my original recipe beer on Friday, because that's when I'll be available to drink it. I hope it actually tastes good, because I am getting disheartened by all of these bad brews.

TNGabe said:
My bíere de garde. Down to 6 bottles after this one, so no more until next fall.

That looks fantastic! Where are you located in Tennessee? I'm from Gainesboro (80 miles NE of Nashville).
Back on topic; I'm having a Bitter right now. Headed to the liquor store for some Torpedo in a few...

That looks fantastic! Where are you located in Tennessee? I'm from Gainesboro (80 miles NE of Nashville).
Back on topic; I'm having a Bitter right now. Headed to the liquor store for some Torpedo in a few...

Wow, OK is as bad as TN. Torpedo at a whopping 7% abv is only available in liqour stores.....

I live about 8 miles from where I26 and I81 cross, in between Johnson City and Kingsport. Hopefully we'll be moving up (literally) soon to Unicoi County. Closer to Asheville, where my wife works and hopefully I will soon, and in the mountains that I miss so much.

Latest posts

Back