Old Rasputin $3.50

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkstrman

Reaction score
Just got back from a restaurant in Boise, ID that has Old Rasputin (22oz) on tap for 3.50! Great deal if you ask me, and definitely makes me want to brew a clone for such a marvelous beer! MmmmMmmMmm...

Either they are very generous people or they don't know **** about beer. You can charge 6, 7 dollars for that much of the Mad Monk.

Either they are very generous people or they don't know **** about beer. You can charge 6, 7 dollars for that much of the Mad Monk.

Word. It was just a small Indian restaurant with a moderately expensive dinner menu. I asked the owner how long he would have that deal, and he said he would take it down for the weekend because he would have more customers. But I told him he could get some serious business if he became known for slashing prices on good beer like that. The sign in front of the store said "Russian Stout 1/2 off", and I was IN haha!

Awesome price. I am good friends with someone who owns a few big bars in Boise, and my price is pretty low when I visit. Love the city and the vibe.

Word. It was just a small Indian restaurant with a moderately expensive dinner menu. I asked the owner how long he would have that deal, and he said he would take it down for the weekend because he would have more customers. But I told him he could get some serious business if he became known for slashing prices on good beer like that. The sign in front of the store said "Russian Stout 1/2 off", and I was IN haha!

Which one? You've piqued my interest. :mug:

Taj Mahal Restaurant
150 North 8th St., Suite No. 222, Boise, Id 83702

Their website says they're only open until eleven PM, so that is too bad. However, it is GREAT food and they have a pretty good selection of beers there. I noticed Delerium Tremens on the menu, and would have bought one but they were 15 dollars. That is too much for me at the moment

A *****ey "beer bar" in Lacey, WA had 16 oz pints of Deschutes' The Abyss for something like $3 a couple of years ago. Most knowledgeable beer joints charge much more than that for rather small pours and limit their customers to no more than 2 glasses.

Since most of the clientele of that place were downing $3 pints of BMC and shooting neon shots, The Abyss keg lasted longer in that bar that it would have in my own living room.

Been to Taj Mahal a couple times, but I've never really explored their beer selections. Maybe I'll have to head down and check it out.

OK, yeah, a 22oz of Rasputin would be enough to have me nodding off to sleep in my easy chair- Whew! to have that with dinner in a restaraunt, hope someone else is driving!

Back