First kegged batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyDaze

Reaction score
I just want to thank everyone here for all the advice on kegging beer. Wow was that easy. I got my kit from Westcoast, inspected the kegs (wow were they shiney clean), put a couple gallons of starsan solution in it, hooked up gas to test for leaks and seal the keg, shook keg to spead the sanatizer, emptied sanatizer, racked beer (had a cool tube of starsan foam come out the top as the keg beer filled the keg), put keg on gas at 20 psi (oops forgot to sanatize the gas connect!), shook the keg briefly, put keg in fridge at 20psi.

My question: I forgot to sanatize the gas connect. The ball pin on the keg was sanatized but not the grey connect. Is this a big mistake?

it shouldn't be much of an issue.
I have a squirt bottle filled with a StarSan solution, and I just give the inside of the disconnects and the posts a quick squirt about a minute before i connect them.

Welcome to the wonderful world of kegging! Last night, I had 2 neighbors over, and pulled some glasses out of the freezer, and we proceded to drink about 12 pints of my first kegged batch, and shot the **** for an hour! I credit that to by new kegorator!

another question: Is my Belgian Dubbel going to condition well like this? Meaning straight from primary (six weeks) to refridgerated keg. Or should I unhook it and let it sit out for a while?...I sure would like to start drinking it soon, but not at the expense of the beer

another question: Is my Belgian Dubbel going to condition well like this? Meaning straight from primary (six weeks) to refridgerated keg. Or should I unhook it and let it sit out for a while?...I sure would like to start drinking it soon, but not at the expense of the beer

^^^bump^^^

With a dubbel I'd go by the taste. If you're past the hot alcohol taste caused by higher fermentation temps...you should be good.

Though now that you're kegging, welcome to the world of always drinking a keg dry before it's prime. :D

You will no doubt find that the last pint you draw, will be the best of the batch.

Though now that you're kegging, welcome to the world of always drinking a keg dry before it's prime. :D

You will no doubt find that the last pint you draw, will be the best of the batch.
I am trying to remedy this by getting 4 on draft, and 4 on deck... then just brew when one of the 8 kegs is empty.

Back