Help with gas plumbing.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

givemaboot

Reaction score
Hey all,
I have a rig that requires 1 propane tank to run two burners with a splitter, and a separate tank to run the burner for my boil kettle. I know NOTHING about LP pressures. I have a few questions.

1. Do I need a regulator on each burner?

2. Can I run pipe to each burner and use a separate control for each burner(like a gas grill)?What type of burner control is best?

3. What size black pipe will i use? Are the pressure/resistance issues with different size pipe?

4. Does anyone have a detailed drawing/pic of their gas set up?

Thanks again for any input. You can see my rig in my profile if you have questions.

I just bought all the pieces for mine this weekend. The drawing is home. Piecing it together was easier once I was in the store. I used 1/2" black pipe, Ts, gas valves with 1/2"npt threads on the "in' side and 3/8" female flare on the "out." Off those I'll run copper tubing to the flare fittings on the burners.

I'll be running 1 tank, 1 regulator, 2 valves (for the HP burners), and a needle valve for the lower pressure pressure. We'll see how it turns out. I need to put together a build thread too...

1 - no just one regulator per tank.

2 - Needle valves are the best bet. I used 3/8" ball valves. I plan on upgrading one of these days.

3 - 1/2" black pipe is what most use. Remember, you are going to run 2 burners.

4 - No diagram. I use High Pressure system.

tank > high pressure regulator to high pressure hose with 3/8" flare end > 3/8" flare to 1/2" fitting > black pipe > T > Black pipe > T > Black Pipe > T > End Cap.

From T > 1/2" to 3/8" fitting > Ball Valve > 3/8" to 1/4" fitting > high pressure hose > Burner

Thank you for your responses. What is a needle valve? I had planned on ball valves, but why are needle valves better??:confused:
Again, I am very grateful for your responses.

Latest posts

Back