• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

March pump substitute - Ebay

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Half-wheel-hell

Reaction score
I don't have time to read all the classifieds, but I recently purchased a Chugger pump on ebay for $79 including shipping and was very pleased with the customer sevice and pump I received. Not to mention about half the price of the march pump. He also sells a stainless steel head version (same motor) Chugger pump for $99 with shipping, if you don't want a polysulfone head. The seller is USA Pumps here is the link for a cut and paste. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220667100055&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

FYI: That same seller sells the march 809 for less than $115.

I was doing some poking around about these chuggers a few weeks ago, and I believe that they actually ARE March 809's with a different label and paint job. I think they are "factory seconds" from the march manufacturing line with some cosmetic blemishes or whatever, that are being painted green and rebranded as "Chuggers" and sold for a bit of a discount compared to the 809.

Seems like a great deal.

The guy who does HomebrewerTV.com said on the NB forum his friend has had two of them fail he's had to return... so I wouldn't be surprised if they were seconds as mentioned above. YMMV.

I bought two of them and have used them only once, but been very happy with them. I had to make a slight adjustment on the head of one of them but after that they ran awesome. When you call the number a REAL person actually answers! Imagine that!

Back