Done fermenting in 2.5 days???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sudsy1979

Reaction score
My beer has only been in the primary fermenter for 2 and a half days and all of the kausen has allen already! Could it have fermented this fast? Guess Ill have to do a hydrometer reading...But has anybody experienced this before? I am brewing a Canadian Light Lager from The Brew House. Easy and delicious beer!

Yes, it can easily ferment out in a short time, especially if the fermentation was warm. Yeast love warm temperatures, and can get very active at a warm temperature. I've seen a beer ferment out in 24 hours in a "hot" fermentation!

Even though the bulk of fermentation is done, it's good to leave the beer sit for at least another week or so. Once the fermentables are gone, the yeast go back and clean up some of the byproducts they produced, even digesting some of their own waste products.

It should start to clear in a week or two, and be ready for bottling.

Ya its very possible. I brewed a pumpkin ale last week (as everyone else seemed to do) and it fermented out in two days. You gotta take a hydro reading to confirm tho.

Still regardless, im going to let it in the primary for a couple weeks.

I brewed an English bitter on 7/30. It'll be ready to bottle today,I'm sure. Got a 1st FG on 8/7,so it's had time to finish & settle out good,ime. I'll take another FG today to confirm it. Just gotta wait for my son to wake up & run the camera for a bottling video I want to do with it.
I'm hoping it'll condition & carbonate as quickly. That'll be another brew ready for our anniversary the end of the month.:mug:

Back